Re: Nibble Tip Rods

Post by yepi'mon » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:44 pm

saph wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:12 am
Seb85 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:29 am
saph wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:31 am
Pardon the floowing ignorance: what the hell is a nibble tip and why bother with one? You should be setting the reel drag right anyways so you dont need the nibble tip.
If you're fishing for small nibbly fish like whiting (with small bait and hook) using stiff as tuna rod, you wont see the 'nibble/pull' from the whiting, hence you wont know that your bait is eaten and wont know when to strike. Regardless drag setting.

Soft flex nibble tip allows us to see the 'nibble/pull/bite' with almost no resistance to the fish. So we can strike! And have nice pan fried whiting for dinner :cheers:
Ah ok ive never gone whiting fishing hell i just got a 'whiting' rod and it seems to be able to take more bend then im conftable with on any of my rods when i was shopping the person who runs the local store bent it to the tip faced the reel and it didnt break so i guess thats where the main of the nibble tip is?

https://www.anacondastores.com/fishing/ ... BP90099415
Nibble tip really only refers to the last foot of the road. The actual action of the rod (what you have been shown by the salesman) doesn't really have anything to do with a nibble tip.

Imagine you are sitting there watching your rod waiting for a bite. A whiting comes up and starts to pick at your bait. The tip of the rod will move a little. With a nibble tip the tip of the rod (the last foot or so) will show more of that bite than a normal rod would.

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:16 pm

If you really wanted sensitivity might be worth experimenting with match fishing gear from the UK
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Post by saph » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:36 pm

yepi'mon wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:44 pm
saph wrote:
Seb85 wrote:
saph wrote:
Pardon the floowing ignorance: what the hell is a nibble tip and why bother with one? You should be setting the reel drag right anyways so you dont need the nibble tip.
If you're fishing for small nibbly fish like whiting (with small bait and hook) using stiff as tuna rod, you wont see the 'nibble/pull' from the whiting, hence you wont know that your bait is eaten and wont know when to strike. Regardless drag setting.

Soft flex nibble tip allows us to see the 'nibble/pull/bite' with almost no resistance to the fish. So we can strike! And have nice pan fried whiting for dinner :cheers:
Ah ok ive never gone whiting fishing hell i just got a 'whiting' rod and it seems to be able to take more bend then im conftable with on any of my rods when i was shopping the person who runs the local store bent it to the tip faced the reel and it didnt break so i guess thats where the main of the nibble tip is?

Nibble tip really only refers to the last foot of the road. The actual action of the rod (what you have been shown by the salesman) doesn't really have anything to do with a nibble tip.

Imagine you are sitting there watching your rod waiting for a bite. A whiting comes up and starts to pick at your bait. The tip of the rod will move a little. With a nibble tip the tip of the rod (the last foot or so) will show more of that bite than a normal rod would.
Yea as i said ive never chased whiting before, sure ive got the beads and that but never had the right rod etc it wasnt till last month when i spend 180 and a hour in the local tackle store that i got a decent rod since my rods have been a kmart cheap one's since i started back fishing last year.

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:39 pm

saph wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:36 pm
yepi'mon wrote:
saph wrote:
Seb85 wrote:
saph wrote:

Yea as i said ive never chased whiting before, sure ive got the beads and that but never had the right rod etc it wasnt till last month when i spend 180 and a hour in the local tackle store that i got a decent rod since my rods have been a kmart cheap one's since i started back fishing last year.
Any rod will do mate ;)

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Post by saph » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:25 pm

yepi'mon wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:39 pm
saph wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:36 pm
yepi'mon wrote:
saph wrote:
Seb85 wrote:

Any rod will do mate ;)
Thats gotten me in trouble before some 'pro' fisherman went me for using a cheap kmart rod with my alvey since it wasnt low mount the look was priceless when i caught fish after fish in 5 minutes compaired to his few.

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”