First rod and reel setup - all rounder (budget friendly)

Brycei3

Re: First rod and reel setup - all rounder (budget friendly)

Post by Brycei3 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:37 pm

Didn't take too much notice of rods funnily enough! It was around 6ft and 4000 from memory - schimano rod with Jarvis Walker reel seem to do the job.

Seven gill was too small to take 👎

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:40 pm

Brycei3 wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:18 pm
Hey guys,

Went out for 4 hours Saturday, caught and released some small flattys, caught and released a small 7 gill, but got 2 good pan size pinkys.
Brycei3 wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:37 pm
Didn't take too much notice of rods funnily enough! It was around 6ft and 4000 from memory - schimano rod with Jarvis Walker reel seem to do the job.

Great to hear Mr B that you had a good time out. Two Pinkies and a mix of others makes for a great day out. Also at least you have gained some time with what type of rod/reel you may get or look for.

Well done

Carrottt.
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Carrottt. » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:29 pm

i recently just got back into fishing.
as a teenager, most my money goes to paying for and running my car and motorbike, with very little left for fishing gear.
i was having a browse in bcf not long ago, and saw a savage gear multi purpose predator combo for $250.
I was sold, however it was a bit out of my price range. sure enough after waiting a week, i go back and its on sale for $99.
was a 6 foot 6 rod with 2000 size reel, aswell as 250m 15lb braid and some mono. and even an 80 piece soft plastics pack.

i used this rod for about a week, then went back and bough another one, this time 7foot 5 and 4000 size reel.
these rods are great in my opinion, budget friendly and good quality.

just though i would share that
Cheers

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:52 pm

Carrottt. wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:29 pm
i recently just got back into fishing.
as a teenager, most my money goes to paying for and running my car and motorbike, with very little left for fishing gear.
i was having a browse in bcf not long ago, and saw a savage gear multi purpose predator combo for $250.
I was sold, however it was a bit out of my price range. sure enough after waiting a week, i go back and its on sale for $99.
was a 6 foot 6 rod with 2000 size reel, aswell as 250m 15lb braid and some mono. and even an 80 piece soft plastics pack.

i used this rod for about a week, then went back and bough another one, this time 7foot 5 and 4000 size reel.
these rods are great in my opinion, budget friendly and good quality.

just though i would share that
Cheers
Thanks for sharing Carrottt. Certainly good value for money.
Those two should handle most fishing.
Be a member at BCF and Anaconda. Every now and then they'll have a sale.
You don't get much 'info' with them compared to independent tackle shops, but sometimes you can get good deals. Try not to buy full price, hold the urge til they have the sale.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”