daiwa aird x baitcast rod info?

barks52

daiwa aird x baitcast rod info?

Post by barks52 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:33 pm

Hi all, looking to purchase new baitcast rod will be chasing cod casting lures and trolling with rod. Was just wondering if anyone has info on daiwa aird x baitcast rod? cheers barks52

Brownie

Re: daiwa aird x baitcast rod info?

Post by Brownie » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:10 am

Hi mate. Don't have the baitcast but just recently got the 7' spinning version. Only used it once for about 3 hours, been too hot since I got it. But I'm pretty happy with it. Nice and comfortable to hold, decently balanced and flicks like a rod one rating under. Was worried it'd be a bit stiff for 1/8 jig heads, its 3 - 5 kg and others that rating like my Shimano Sonic Pro v2 are, but it's action on the cast is more like my 2 - 4 kg rods and has plenty of action for the 1/8 heads. Not sure if this means it's really a 2 - 4 kg with a 3 - 5 kg rating or if its just a nice flicky actual 3 - 5 kg!? Either way I do like it. They do look nice don't they.

barks52

Post by barks52 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:40 am

hi mate, thanks for reply. i purchased baitcast rod over weekend and have not had chance to give proper go yet but rod feels very light and responsive very happy with it considering price is very reasonable. thanks again for your info on rod mate. cheer barks52

Brownie

Post by Brownie » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:57 am

barks52 wrote:hi mate, thanks for reply. i purchased baitcast rod over weekend and have not had chance to give proper go yet but rod feels very light and responsive very happy with it considering price is very reasonable. thanks again for your info on rod mate. cheer barks52
Yeah they feel nice dont they. Im going out today for a flick with it. Dont expect much but I'm sick of sitting around in this heat doing nothing. Good luck with it mate. :thumbsup:

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”