Shimano Stella!

Sinsemilla

Re: Shimano Stella!

Post by Sinsemilla » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:35 am

Kimtown wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:You can't really say its a wank thing because hardly anyone sees you using them and the girls wouldn't know the difference..

It's purely for your own satisfaction. Like many have said, you don't need them to catch fish but they feel and work bloody beautifully.

I say, if you can afford it and want it.. why not.

Anth
When guys pull out of corinella ramp with 6 stellas on terez rods hanging out the top of rocket launchers after a day of catching elephant sharks and eagle rays, I say that's a wank thing

:rofl:
What about those days when he has been out catching tuna or kings on those same outfits.. not so wanky then?

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:43 am

Everyone is part wanker and part bogan....I'd like to think I'm 80% bogan, 20% wanker....20% off me wants a Stella so bad!

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:11 am

mazman wrote:Jim the body of the exist doesn't look good at all to me, the Stella is an improvement in that aspect but far too flashy for me, I much prefer something a bit more subtle. In saying that looks are definitely personal preference.

Everytime someone brings up expensive gear on here there's a bunch of people who come along and say you don't need them, they're a wank etc. Accept that some guys have got the money to spend and fishing is where they choose to spend it. In the scheme of things a rack of Stella's and terezs, say they got them on special at 1k a combo (also a really convenient number for me) 8 setups for an entire two man spread is 8k sounds like a lot of money but when you look at the boat, tow vehicle, electronics on a lot of these setups its really not that much. And if the guy who's using them likes using them it doesn't really matter.
Agree mazman , anybody willing to spend 50 -100 grand plus on boat and another 30 grand plus on tow vehicle will have top end fishing gear ....
Big picture is if fishing is your number won hobby,why not buy decent gear...
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

bowl

Post by bowl » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:20 am

Kimtown wrote:
Texas wrote:No wonder I can't catch any fish
My dearest reel was $50, 10 years ago & it's still going strong
My cars not worth $1,000, (maybe just)
Poor
Gra
It's ok m8 it's a bit of a wankfest reel anyhow

They are mostly for sponsored rich folk like PW and dickheads who believe they are godsgift to fishing and need all the top shelf gear, like brendan wing.

(No offense to all the people on here who use them, but this is the view of all us poor bastards who will never be able to afford them :o_0: )
Mmm but you can afford a 50 K boat......mmmm Ur such a poor bastard ?
Oh and you have a near new Savage ....
Last edited by bowl on Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

bowl

Post by bowl » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:21 am

rb85 wrote:Guess they have their purpose game fish on Spin Gear catching GT's etc for local fishing in the bays etc it would be completely unnecessary.
If I was trying ti catch marlin on spin gear, stickbait for big tuna or popper for GT's I would consider a Stella.
X2

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:22 am

Mattblack wrote:Everyone is part wanker and part bogan....I'd like to think I'm 80% bogan, 20% wanker....20% off me wants a Stella so bad!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

piscateur
Has liked: 63 times

Post by piscateur » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:03 pm

purple5ive wrote:what does it matter to you mate? why think differently just because they were using expensive gear to catch fish?

Seriously Purple, what did you expect? Anything posted on the internet these days, guarantee you will have someone hating on its contents. Anything nice you have you're a wanker. Do a good deed and you're only doing it for accolades or publicity etc etc. Basically everything posted will have someone plundering through it looking for any negative aspect they can draw on. I have generally found that these types are salty with the world coz they have not been as successful as they had hoped.

"Care less of what others have and you'll be a happier person.
Care more of what others don't have and you'll be a better person."

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:12 pm

Kimtown wrote:
u wrote:You can't really say its a wank thing because hardly anyone sees you using them and the girls wouldn't know the difference..

It's purely for your own satisfaction. Like many have said, you don't need them to catch fish but they feel and work bloody beautifully.

I say, if you can afford it and want it.. why not.

Anth
When guys pull out of corinella ramp with 6 stellas on terez rods hanging out the top of rocket launchers after a day of catching elephant sharks and eagle rays, I say that's a wank thing

:rofl:
Have you seen this often? ![/quote]

More than you would believe lol

Some people just love top of the range gear for any application, if they can afford it and don't mind spending money on that then who am I to judge. I'm just messing. If I were wealthy enough I'd use them to.

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:15 pm

Just read all the posts

Lol.. so many precious souls on here!

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:37 pm

bowl wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Texas wrote:No wonder I can't catch any fish
My dearest reel was $50, 10 years ago & it's still going strong
My cars not worth $1,000, (maybe just)
Poor
Gra
It's ok m8 it's a bit of a wankfest reel anyhow

They are mostly for sponsored rich folk like PW and dickheads who believe they are godsgift to fishing and need all the top shelf gear, like brendan wing.

(No offense to all the people on here who use them, but this is the view of all us poor bastards who will never be able to afford them :o_0: )
Mmm but you can afford a 50 K boat......mmmm Ur such a poor bastard ?
Oh and you have a near new Savage ....
Tongue in cheek joke, do you know what it is?

I suppose tone is a little hard to distinguish in writing over the internet

Regardless, there's a little bit of a difference between a boat and reels lol

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”