Snapper PPB - What's your size reel?

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: Snapper PPB - What's your size reel?

Post by bowl » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:16 pm

yepi'mon wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
bowl wrote:
yepi'mon wrote:I think it's fair enough to say that there is no right or wrong - everyone does it different depending on how you want to fish.

Currently considering 2x Baitrunner OC's @4000 or 6000 or possibly going for some Shimano Nasci's in the 4000 or 5000 size (can be had for $100 atm).
Oc 4000 r 90$ odd at compleat angler from Thursday.
I'd be jumping on that. I've got both OC and Nasci reels...both good, but the Baitrunner option is great (even if your only using it to pull line off the reel) Chuck it on one of those $50 Ugly sticks from Anaconda & you'd have an awesome PPB snapper combo for $140
Yeah I've got both as well - the Nasci just looks like it might be slightly higher in quality. Also pushes out 9kg or 11kg of drag which is pretty tough for a reel that size and price.
Also chance of landing a gummy shark while snapper fishing,more kg drag the better .

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:22 am

In South Oz.

I use an Abu 6500C Pro Shop and in need of a respool, with Platinum 25Lb mono , , , , I have a preference for the overheads for the fighting fish.

Not that it's about the rod BUT, I use a custom built rod, that I caught/pulled up while fishing 20 kms off shore at Whyalla some years back. What a fluke. Not sure of the blank but it's 2.1m, has a nice tip for the ruggers (pinkies) and a solid back for the Big Boys.
IMG_20190129_103044.jpg
IMG_20190129_103017.jpg

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:26 am

You must get some real beauties offshore there from Whyalla :thumbsup:

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:14 am

:tongue:
Lightningx wrote:You must get some real beauties offshore there from Whyalla :thumbsup:
Yes, but not like before. The full range of sizes is still there but the "average" size and overall numbers have dropped considerably.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:40 am

Bugatti wrote::tongue:
Lightningx wrote:You must get some real beauties offshore there from Whyalla :thumbsup:
Yes, but not like before. The full range of sizes is still there but the "average" size and overall numbers have dropped considerably.
Ah ok. By before how long ago are you talking mate?

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:56 am

So as not to hijack this topic, I shall start a topic later today, when I get time, to highlight some "differences" between SA & Vic recreational fishing , , , , as a whole , , , , you guys have it heaps heaps better than us AND in many ways

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”