Daiwa Gen Black Travel rods

rodderslw

Daiwa Gen Black Travel rods

Post by rodderslw » Wed May 23, 2018 8:33 am

I'm looking for a 3 or 4 piece light spinning rod for plastics and small metals to take to Tassie. Does anyone have the Daiwa Gen black travel rods? Any comments on them? Im looking at the 7ft Deep Striker 2-5kg. At bcf they also have the 4 piece Savage road runner seems nice but I know nothing about them. They are about $50 cheaper.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Re: Daiwa Gen Black Travel rods

Post by Mattblack » Wed May 23, 2018 8:58 am

Complete Angler is having one of their big sales again starting tomorrow...probably worth a look

Broomstick
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Broomstick » Wed May 23, 2018 11:26 am

I have two pfleuger trion transcendents for sale. 7ft, 2-5 kg, 3 piece. They come with a hard case and an interchangeable middle and tip section if you want to change the action of the rod. They're great little rods - I've also used the gen black travel rods and can honestly say the trions are better. $100 each if you're interested.
Last edited by Broomstick on Wed May 23, 2018 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drewb

Post by drewb » Wed May 23, 2018 11:39 am

I've had a deep striker v1 for a few years and have been pretty happy with it. I like it because it's versatile, can cast hardbodies and small plastics, small metals and squid jigs. It casts small metals (5-10g) comfortably, much above that feels a little unbalanced.

Pretty sure it's an extra fast taper and can feel a bit stiff for really light fishing, but it's versatility makes up for it if you're only carrying one or two rods. I've also got a 2-4kg raider travel and always grab the deep striker first.

My other knock is it does have micro guides which does catch your leader knot at times if its not perfect.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Wed May 23, 2018 3:19 pm

I own a deep striker rod. Lovely bit of kit for the price. However I wouldn’t throw bigger than 15 gm slugs with it.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Wed May 23, 2018 4:18 pm

ducky wrote:I own a deep striker rod. Lovely bit of kit for the price. However I wouldn’t throw bigger than 15 gm slugs with it.
How many rods do you own?!

rodderslw

Post by rodderslw » Wed May 23, 2018 5:35 pm

Mattblack wrote:
ducky wrote:I own a deep striker rod. Lovely bit of kit for the price. However I wouldn’t throw bigger than 15 gm slugs with it.
How many rods do you own?!
That's not a question any fisherman should have to answer! :-D

rodderslw

Post by rodderslw » Wed May 23, 2018 5:51 pm

Thanks for the replys and info...looks like plenty of sales coming up too. Bcf have 20% off all rods this month. May pull the trigger on the gen black.

Ps I have so many rods now my wife does not know whats new and whats old! So long as I sneak them into the rod racks!

LINwAd

Post by LINwAd » Wed May 23, 2018 5:56 pm

Broomstick wrote:I have two pfleuger trion transcendents for sale. 7ft, 2-5 kg, 3 piece. They come with a hard case and an interchangeable middle and tip section if you want to change the action of the rod. They're great little rods - I've also used the gen black travel rods and can honestly say the trions are better. $100 each if you're interested.

Sent you a pm
LandFishTV creator - https://www.youtube.com/landfishtv/ Enjoy! :water:

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”