Spinsfisher live liner vs slammer livliners

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Spinsfisher live liner vs slammer livliners

Post by Lightningx » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:25 pm

Duffman wrote:I worked at a tackle shop servicing reels a few years back and i learnt from a guy in Coffs Harbour that a good quality marine or boating grease mixed with Inox to slightly thin out worked best. In high performance baitcasters and small spinning reels a thinner grease used sparingly will keep them spinning freely. Check out alantani.com for more info on servicing your own reels. All the tips and tricks free. You can also join the forum and post questions for any problems.
Nice. Cheers :thumbsup:

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:37 pm

http://www.inoxmx.com/applications-uses ... -for-inox/

as well as Inox grease, i use quantum hot sauce, which is really good. and of course cals drag grease for the drag stacks. never had an issue.

Anth

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:47 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:http://www.inoxmx.com/applications-uses ... -for-inox/

as well as Inox grease, i use quantum hot sauce, which is really good. and of course cals drag grease for the drag stacks. never had an issue.

Anth
Cool thanks

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:24 pm

There is an online tutorial for servicing penn liveliners. Thing to watch is that all the liveliner levers are on the side plate as you lift it off. Apart from that they are as simple as compared to say shimanos. Issue I had is that the liveliner mechanism stuck on so I couldn't engage drag to reel it in. A reel pain as i was surf casting with 100m or so out and loaded with weed. Had to palm it and walk down the beach to get it in. Opened it up and lubed it and all was good again.

Liveliners only have low secondary drag compared to shimanos

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Post by skronkman » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:37 pm

Inox mx6 grease in the small blue and white tube. It has PTFE in it I think. Use it for all things in your reel that want/need grease, like the gears. Do not use any grease on the infinite anti-reverse bearings though, it's too thick and prevents it from engaging reliably. You can put a bit on your carbon fibre drag washers too if they are not already smooth (some people do grease these washers and others do not, I'm not trying to start an argument about it). For the infinite anti reverse assembly and other parts that require a thinner lubricant use inox mx3 oil (comes in a spray can or 4litre bottle). Be careful not to accidentally thin out your grease too much with the oil when using both products in the same reel, you want it to still stick to the gears and not turn liquid and run off. A little drop of oil goes a long way!

This is what Geoff Simmons aka "The Reel Doctor" in ferntree gully uses. I too service my own reels and use these products on his advice.
I have heard good things of hot sauce but haven't tried it.
I haven't tried thinning down bearing grease, I guess if compatible products are mixed this would work ok. I have seen grease separate into 2 parts before when it mixes with incompatible oil.

I'm not affiliated with inox by the way, haha. I just reckon they make a quality product, Aussie too I think.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:28 pm

skronkman wrote:Inox mx6 grease in the small blue and white tube. It has PTFE in it I think. Use it for all things in your reel that want/need grease, like the gears. Do not use any grease on the infinite anti-reverse bearings though, it's too thick and prevents it from engaging reliably. You can put a bit on your carbon fibre drag washers too if they are not already smooth (some people do grease these washers and others do not, I'm not trying to start an argument about it). For the infinite anti reverse assembly and other parts that require a thinner lubricant use inox mx3 oil (comes in a spray can or 4litre bottle). Be careful not to accidentally thin out your grease too much with the oil when using both products in the same reel, you want it to still stick to the gears and not turn liquid and run off. A little drop of oil goes a long way!

This is what Geoff Simmons aka "The Reel Doctor" in ferntree gully uses. I too service my own reels and use these products on his advice.
I have heard good things of hot sauce but haven't tried it.
I haven't tried thinning down bearing grease, I guess if compatible products are mixed this would work ok. I have seen grease separate into 2 parts before when it mixes with incompatible oil.

I'm not affiliated with inox by the way, haha. I just reckon they make a quality product, Aussie too I think.
Thanks good to know

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”