Stradic - 1000 or 2500

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 7059
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Stradic - 1000 or 2500

Postby smile0784 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:49 am

drewb wrote:The ci4 is the FB, the FK isn't ci4.

The answer depends what rod you're putting it on. I just brought a 2500 FB to put on a 1-3kg lox yoshi and it balances well. I think it's more versatile than the 1000.



Good point



Remove these ads.

User avatar
Mattblack
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:08 pm
Location: South East Suburbs

Re: Stradic - 1000 or 2500

Postby Mattblack » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:46 am

blakesirus wrote:
Mattblack wrote:are you getting the FB (red spool) or FK (silver spool)....I think one is for salt water and one is for fresh?


FB, oh i didn’t know that. was probs gonna use mine for both. i read the new stradic’s can’t rust bc they’re not metal? could be totally wrong tho. yeah it’s got a red spool

cheers


From the Shimano website....

"Stradic FK Saltwater Spin Reel
The new Stradic utilizes Shimano’s latest technology, with strong drag powers that make targeting larger saltwater species possible. Hagane cold forged gearing combined with X-Ship provides a smooth, powerful and durable reel. The sleek G-Free body provides a better weight balance to reduce fatigue. Every part has been designed to improve the anglers experience out on the Ocean".

User avatar
bowl
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 5886
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:30 pm
Location: Wyndham Vale

Re: Stradic - 1000 or 2500

Postby bowl » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:59 am

blakesirus wrote:Purchasing a Shimano Stradic Ci4+,

The 1000 or 2500? To be used for bream, perch, trout and flatties, a reel for small estuarine/lake species. spooled with 8lb braid.

Any advice or info appreciated!

Cheers,
Blake

Come down in price,,,about 220 now :)

blakesirus
Rank: Cephalopod
Rank: Cephalopod
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:49 am

Re: Stradic - 1000 or 2500

Postby blakesirus » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:22 am

smile0784 wrote:
drewb wrote:The ci4 is the FB, the FK isn't ci4.

The answer depends what rod you're putting it on. I just brought a 2500 FB to put on a 1-3kg lox yoshi and it balances well. I think it's more versatile than the 1000.



Good point


mine’s a 1-3kg rod too, think it’s gotta be a 2500 then. Cheers, appreciated

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 7059
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Stradic - 1000 or 2500

Postby smile0784 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:29 am

I have my 2500 on 3 to 5kg rods and they perform great on squid upto 40cm hoods and pinkies upto 30cm so far

Lightningx
Rank: Mako Shark
Rank: Mako Shark
Posts: 8904
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm

Re: Stradic - 1000 or 2500

Postby Lightningx » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:34 am

bowl wrote:
blakesirus wrote:Purchasing a Shimano Stradic Ci4+,

The 1000 or 2500? To be used for bream, perch, trout and flatties, a reel for small estuarine/lake species. spooled with 8lb braid.

Any advice or info appreciated!

Cheers,
Blake

Come down in price,,,about 220 now :)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:



Remove these ads.

smokin_reels
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 394
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:23 pm

Re: Stradic - 1000 or 2500

Postby smokin_reels » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:40 am

Stradic 2500 Ci4+ , spooled with 6lb braid, 6lb leader has served me well for the last 2 years. Use it for everything I do pretty much, Ultralight freshwater and Estuary. So happy with it.

Spray with ENOX after saltwater used and its as smooth as the day i bought it .
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

blakesirus
Rank: Cephalopod
Rank: Cephalopod
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:49 am

Re: Stradic - 1000 or 2500

Postby blakesirus » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:26 am

smokin_reels wrote:Stradic 2500 Ci4+ , spooled with 6lb braid, 6lb leader has served me well for the last 2 years. Use it for everything I do pretty much, Ultralight freshwater and Estuary. So happy with it.

Spray with ENOX after saltwater used and its as smooth as the day i bought it .


thanks for info and advice, sorry whats ENOX + where can u purchase from? Sorry, haven't heard of it

Cheers

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 7059
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Stradic - 1000 or 2500

Postby smile0784 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:54 am

Enox is a non drying lubrication spray
I think bunnings has it

blakesirus
Rank: Cephalopod
Rank: Cephalopod
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:49 am

Re: Stradic - 1000 or 2500

Postby blakesirus » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:03 am

smile0784 wrote:Enox is a non drying lubrication spray
I think bunnings has it


thank you



Remove these ads.


Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests