Shimano Stella

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: Shimano Stella

Post by rb85 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:43 pm

Didn't realise blokes could get so upset for saying it how it is. Guess fishing is a bit like golf. You can get all the expensive gear, wear the flashy attire but can't put the ball on the green.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:05 pm

rb85 wrote:Didn't realise blokes could get so upset for saying it how it is. Guess fishing is a bit like golf. You can get all the expensive gear, wear the flashy attire but can't put the ball on the green.
Your not exactly saying how it's is .
Your coming across as a bit of a tool imo
I.e pleasure themselves,flush money down toilet
So on

blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

Post by blacklab99 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:17 pm

Mattblack wrote:Does anyone own a Shimano Stella and can tell me if they are worth the high price?
If you go by price (say a 4000 size), would it be 4 times better than a Stradic, or 15 times better than a Sienna?
Geez guys, leave the ego's behind !!!!
The question was simple, are they worth the high price......would it be 4 x better than a stradic or 15 times the sienna

its not a damn Holden vrs Ford question

Everyone will have an opinion, I own a damn stella !
Are they worth the extra coin ? not if your fishing port Phillip or western port, that's how I determined the question
But if you just want to know that your fishing with quality, and you can afford it, sure, why not.
Out on the big stuff, their great, along with some of the daiawa reels....
My answer was shot down because someone obviously has one and didn't like me saying a stradic is sufficient for our waters !!!!
I OWN ONE, plus about 10k worth of other expensive reels.......
If you have the budget, go for it, if the budget is a wee bit stretched, a stradic or others similar will easily do all of what a stella will do in our waters.
Everyone should own at least one great reel in there life time, if you can afford one, you can really feel the quality difference, but most of the lower end reels, like the stradic etc, are of a certain quality now that can easily do the same job.
Its about what you can afford ( or hide from your wife) and whether or not you want to " indulge"
C

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:29 pm

bowl wrote:
rb85 wrote:Didn't realise blokes could get so upset for saying it how it is. Guess fishing is a bit like golf. You can get all the expensive gear, wear the flashy attire but can't put the ball on the green.
Your not exactly saying how it's is .
Your coming across as a bit of a tool imo
I.e pleasure themselves,flush money down toilet
So on
That's the way it comes across when people talk about Stellas. Never said purchasing a Stella was money down the toilet it was more to do with where a Stella is useful compared to other reels.

It's like having a top of the range sounder if your only using it drifting offshore for flatty. It will work but is it necessary?

Millzee
Has liked: 42 times

Post by Millzee » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:32 pm

blacklab99 wrote:
Mattblack wrote:Does anyone own a Shimano Stella and can tell me if they are worth the high price?
If you go by price (say a 4000 size), would it be 4 times better than a Stradic, or 15 times better than a Sienna?
The question was simple, are they worth the high price......would it be 4 x better than a stradic or 15 times the sienna

Aston Martin vs Hyundai

Are they worth the extra coin ? not if your fishing port Phillip or western port, that's how I determined the question
But if you just want to know that your fishing with quality, and you can afford it, sure, why not.
My answer was shot down because someone obviously has one and didn't like me saying a stradic is sufficient for our waters !!!!
If you have the budget, go for it, if the budget is a wee bit stretched, a stradic or others similar will easily do all of what a stella will do in our waters.
Everyone should own at least one great reel in there life time, if you can afford one, you can really feel the quality difference, but most of the lower end reels, like the stradic etc, are of a certain quality now that can easily do the same job.
Its about what you can afford ( or hide from your wife) and whether or not you want to " indulge"
C

It's a product you can be sure will last you 10-15 times longer than any of the others

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Bloody hell...luckily all you guys have got thick skins or this one could have got nasty. Appreciate everyone's opinions....I guess it's like seeing a guy driving an Aston Martin & you nudge your mate & say 'what a wanker' & at the same time think to yourself 'lucky bastard'. Looks like everyone agrees that the Stradic is best reel when it comes to value/performance in the Shimano range...cheers!

blacklab99

Post by blacklab99 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:56 pm

Millzee wrote:
blacklab99 wrote:

Aston Martin vs Hyundai

C

It's a product you can be sure will last you 10-15 times longer than any of the others
So go buy one and enjoy yourself !
no argument on how good they are from me...............
and no need to justify the out lay or pleasure you get from them........

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:29 pm

Lucky bastard! My wife would divorce me if I spent that sort of coin on a reel....& she'd probably get all my fishing gear in the settlement as well.

blacklab99

Post by blacklab99 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:52 pm

Matt, Matt, Matt,
It's time for you to step over to the "darkish side"
rule 120987
when married and are a boat owner, separate mailing address for all boat purchases is a pre requisite
rule 120988
an untraceable visa card ( non joint owned) with the monthly statement arriving at said separate mailing address
There's so much to teach you grass hopper
LOL

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:42 pm

Millzee wrote:
blacklab99 wrote:

Aston Martin vs Hyundai

C
bit of topic but to break it up hyundai make a great little car i30 bit like a sienna wont break the budget but solid nice warranty

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”