All-round fishing rod

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Re: All-round fishing rod

Post by mazman » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:38 pm

Assuming you are looking at lure fishing because of the lure budget I would recommend trying to find a 2-4kg catana and 2500 sienna combo on sale with the fathers day sales. You'll be able to spool it up with braid, grab a spool of leader or two, and stay under budget. Great combo for starting out with lure fishing and will suit a large amount of fishing. If you do feel like spending a bit more of your budget I would recommend initially putting the additional money into the rod and keeping the reel about the same as there is much more practical benefits to be had in a more expensive rod initially.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

donutcrooks

Post by donutcrooks » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:40 pm

The reel I have been using was off a Shimano Telescopic rod but it has broke and I am in need of a whole new rod.

donutcrooks

Post by donutcrooks » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:28 pm

mazman wrote:Assuming you are looking at lure fishing because of the lure budget I would recommend trying to find a 2-4kg catana and 2500 sienna combo on sale with the fathers day sales. You'll be able to spool it up with braid, grab a spool of leader or two, and stay under budget. Great combo for starting out with lure fishing and will suit a large amount of fishing. If you do feel like spending a bit more of your budget I would recommend initially putting the additional money into the rod and keeping the reel about the same as there is much more practical benefits to be had in a more expensive rod initially.
Would BCF stock these?

mazman

Post by mazman » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:02 pm

donutcrooks wrote:
mazman wrote:Assuming you are looking at lure fishing because of the lure budget I would recommend trying to find a 2-4kg catana and 2500 sienna combo on sale with the fathers day sales. You'll be able to spool it up with braid, grab a spool of leader or two, and stay under budget. Great combo for starting out with lure fishing and will suit a large amount of fishing. If you do feel like spending a bit more of your budget I would recommend initially putting the additional money into the rod and keeping the reel about the same as there is much more practical benefits to be had in a more expensive rod initially.
Would BCF stock these?
Yeah they do, usually bcf or anaconda have this combo or similar on sale for the bigger sale events.

donutcrooks

Post by donutcrooks » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:24 pm

mazman wrote:
donutcrooks wrote:
Would BCF stock these?
Yeah they do, usually bcf or anaconda have this combo or similar on sale for the bigger sale events.
I'm trying to find the 2-4kg catana online but there's nothing there. Would it be catana and the length?

EDIT: I'm stupid.. I found a spin rod and a soft plastic rod. They both look good but still not sure which one I'll get.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:12 pm

theres a great offer at BCF atm, sonic pro rod, sienna reel and braid for $99 thats daylight robbery almost. id be looking at that if i were you

mazman

Post by mazman » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:39 pm

purple5ive wrote:theres a great offer at BCF atm, sonic pro rod, sienna reel and braid for $99 thats daylight robbery almost. id be looking at that if i were you
Ahh ok they've moved away from catanas in the pack this time.

That would be my pick based on what you have said you are looking for

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:15 pm

purple5ive wrote:theres a great offer at BCF atm, sonic pro rod, sienna reel and braid for $99 thats daylight robbery almost. id be looking at that if i were you

If you can make your way out to Cranbourne this Saturday (BCF opening) they have the same deal for $69
Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 3.15.02 pm.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 3.15.02 pm.png (159.49 KiB) Viewed 348 times

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:18 pm

yepi'mon wrote:

If you can make your way out to Cranbourne this Saturday (BCF opening) they have the same deal for $69
Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 3.15.02 pm.png
Thats even better.
where did you find this deal mate, im looking for some snapper bait combos and this seems too good to pass up.

donutcrooks

Post by donutcrooks » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:49 pm

I ended up getting that pack and a better rod from the same brand and saved $90!! I picked the 10 pound line because i dont knos anything abput it and it looks and feels fantastic all set up! Thanks heaps!

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”