new reel

Tackleberry
Has liked: 301 times

new reel

Post by Tackleberry » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:06 pm

I have been kicking around the idea of having 1 REEL good bream bashing reel and have been

eyeing off the 16 Certate in a 2506 and it's in the $450 budget .

so is there anything else I should be looking at :thumbsup:
"When the people fear the Govn't, that is Tyrany, when the Govn't fear the people, that is Liberty"

Experience is what you get when **** happens

mingle
Has liked: 1 time

Re: new reel

Post by mingle » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:11 pm

Unless it's gold-plated, surely something in the sub-$150 range would be just as good (unless I'm missing something?)

Tackleberry

Post by Tackleberry » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:25 pm

mingle wrote:Unless it's gold-plated, surely something in the sub-$150 range would be just as good (unless I'm missing something?)

yep you are ........ so I gather you drive something better than a 1960 VW beetle :tongue: :thumbsup:
Last edited by Tackleberry on Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When the people fear the Govn't, that is Tyrany, when the Govn't fear the people, that is Liberty"

Kadmium

Post by Kadmium » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:41 pm

So just because someone doesn't see the point or agree with you dropping $500 on a reel that a $50 reel will match they must be a poor, un educated hippie?

Or maybe you just want to show everyone that the saying "more money then brains" is true.

Or did I read that wrong? Cause it reads like you ask for help then made fun of a person helping?
Species Comp 16/17

Salt: KGW 36cm - Squid 35cm - Salmon 22cm - Flathead 34cm - EP 35cm - Total Salt 162cm

Fresh: Carp 55cm - Total Fresh 55cm

TOTAL : 217cm

Tackleberry

Post by Tackleberry » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:51 pm

Kadmium wrote:So just because someone doesn't see the point or agree with you dropping $500 on a reel that a $50 reel will match they must be a poor, un educated hippie?

Or maybe you just want to show everyone that the saying "more money then brains" is true.

Or did I read that wrong? Cause it reads like you ask for help then made fun of a person helping?
so what's your problem , I ask a question about a up market product the pair of you try and make me feel

like a leaper because I don't want to buy a less expensive product , I used the car as an example and you carry

on like a wounded duck .

I have 5 stradics and for once I would like to try a better reel to see what all the hype is all about .

Kadmium

Post by Kadmium » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:08 pm

Tackleberry wrote:
Kadmium wrote:So just because someone doesn't see the point or agree with you dropping $500 on a reel that a $50 reel will match they must be a poor, un educated hippie?

so what's your problem , I ask a question about a up market product the pair of you try and make me feel

like a leaper because I don't want to buy a less expensive product , I used the car as an example and you carry

on like a wounded duck .

I have 5 stradics and for once I would like to try a better reel to see what all the hype is all about .
Well you didn'texplain yourself or ask a very clear question. Seemed more like you were pumping your own tyres.

No one is treating you like a lepper, but you didn't give and guidance as to what you were asking and when someone points out you could get a cheaper reel to do the job you carry on like they are some poor unwashed mud farmer.
Species Comp 16/17

Salt: KGW 36cm - Squid 35cm - Salmon 22cm - Flathead 34cm - EP 35cm - Total Salt 162cm

Fresh: Carp 55cm - Total Fresh 55cm

TOTAL : 217cm

Tackleberry

Post by Tackleberry » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:24 pm

Kadmium wrote:
Tackleberry wrote:

on like a wounded duck .

Well you didn'texplain yourself or ask a very clear question. Seemed more like you were pumping your own tyres.

No one is treating you like a lepper, but you didn't give and guidance as to what you were asking and when someone points out you could get a cheaper reel to do the job you carry on like they are some poor unwashed mud farmer.
nice with the insults , mate you have probably eaten some of the food I have cultivated and harvested on

the many farms I have worked in the 30 years as a farm worker so yes I I am a mud farmer and very bloody

proud of it something you would have no idea about .

so after reading your post I went back and reread my OP and there it is in plain English the question still stands

other than a 16 Certate is there anything I should be looking at .
Last edited by Tackleberry on Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

chillicrab

Post by chillicrab » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:06 am

dont get the 16 certate. its 100% rubbish

ive been using it since release

Tackleberry

Post by Tackleberry » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:21 am

chillicrab wrote:dont get the 16 certate. its 100% rubbish

ive been using it since release

can you elaborate chillicrab

chillicrab

Post by chillicrab » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:59 am

no bearings in the drag system
no bearings in the handle knob
out of the box its no different to stradic.

had to spend more money to add 2x handle knob and 2x drag bearings for it to be decent.

magsealed line roller bearing is corroded after 6 months - sorta expected since i use it very regularly.

annoying part is the line roller assembly uses unnecessarily overcomplicated parts, and the parts are hard to source.

not worth the money, not worth the trouble.

dont get it.

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”