Shimano warranty not worth Sh!t

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Shimano warranty not worth Sh!t

Post by skronkman » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:40 pm

Just an update. I tried taking it back to BCF who agreed it was a warranty issue but said they had to send it back to shimano for repairs. They wouldn't swap it over on the spot. I wasnt waiting the possible 4 to 6 weeks for it to be returned. Or risking shimano saying it wasn't covered and charging me the service, parts, shipping both ways. I ordered the part and paid the price, most of it was shipping.

Over the years I have purchased pen and Abu Garcia reels that were provided with a little bottle of lube and a screwdriver/spanner tool along with instructions for the care/maintenance/servicing of the reel. It seems apparent to some on the forum that servicing a shimano reel yourself will void the warranty, I was not aware of this, don't agree with it and don't understand it. I apologise for my ignorance.

By the way, here are a few links to care and maintenance procedures for spinning reels from the shimano website. I know they provide step by step pictorial instructions for the partial dismantling of the reel but from what I've heard, if you actually follow their instructions you will void their warranty. Go figure.

http://fish.shimano.com/content/sac-fis ... Roller.pdf

http://fish.shimano.com/content/sac-fis ... everse.pdf

All the best everyone, thanks for the replies to this topic. Whilst I thought I was 100% in the right on this it seems that it's not so cut and dry in everyone's eyes. I've learnt from this.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:51 pm

:good: skronkman
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:49 pm

Its the same with daiwa mate.
So saves you the headache for next time.

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”