Shimano Stradic FK

Sinsemilla

Re: Shimano Stradic FK

Post by Sinsemilla » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:29 am

Cheers for the info fellas.
I'd love a luvias 2004 but firstly cant justify the cash right now and secondly the magseal like TAC said.. I cant completely service it myself which is a bit ****. I spoke to Daiwa and asked how long turn around is on servicing the magseal reels and the bloke reckons you wouldn't see it for at least a month.. That's just bull in my opinion.
Im a daiwa man but the whole being able to service the reel myself is the only reason im looking at shimanos.

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:32 am

skronkman wrote:Hey Anth, I have the FK in 2500. It's brilliant and by far my best reel. I give it a real smashing on the squid (very violent action and lots of casting the way I do it, totally destroyed a sienna after 4 months) and once used it to haul in about 20 big salmon (50-60cm) in a row casting slugs into a school. It's super smooth, solid and the drag is great. I will probably upgrade the drag to carbon soon as a mate did his and has no trouble handling good size snapper on it. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Have you seen the new FK is also out in CI4? I have a quick play with on in the shop and it's really nice but more dollars.
How is the line lay with braid skronkman? nice and even?

I cant find the FK Ci4 on the shimano site..

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:33 am

Nude up wrote:I have 2 fk stradics in 4000 size on my snapper rods they are nice light with good drag I also have 2 sustains in 4000 size definitely feel better I also have a 2500 sustain I use for squid and soft plastics you could cast all day with it. I had a 2500 stradic ci4 which was noisey but light great drag etc but a big squid liked it more than me
What the hell happened!?

Tackleberry
Has liked: 301 times

Post by Tackleberry » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:52 am

line lay is one thing i will they got right
IMG_2953 (Medium).JPG
"When the people fear the Govn't, that is Tyrany, when the Govn't fear the people, that is Liberty"

Experience is what you get when **** happens

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Post by skronkman » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:31 am

I have 12lb Jbraid and it lays on fine. They come with extra spacers to adjust the spool if you need to tweak it.

The new ci4+ is called an FB, not FK sorry. It looks to be based on the FK but has the ci4+ body material which is lighter and a red coloured spool. I haven't used one other than in the shops. See here http://www.shimanofish.com.au/products/ ... 4p-fb.html

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:52 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Nude up wrote:I have 2 fk stradics in 4000 size on my snapper rods they are nice light with good drag I also have 2 sustains in 4000 size definitely feel better I also have a 2500 sustain I use for squid and soft plastics you could cast all day with it. I had a 2500 stradic ci4 which was noisey but light great drag etc but a big squid liked it more than me
What the hell happened!?
I laid it across the baitboard and snapper rack as I picked up my coffee and bang I couldn't quite grab it as it went over the side I was in about 5mt of water off cottage by the sea queenscliff I quickly reeled in my sleeper rod to try and snag it but no luck gone like last weeks pay.

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”