Heavy Spinning set ups

JS270
Has liked: 1 time

Heavy Spinning set ups

Post by JS270 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:55 am

Had a really enjoyable session casting and trying out a few rods with Dan whilst I was up in Sydney . One rod that I wanted to try out was the Century Slingshot 1328 which is and uneven design ( Long Tip & Short but ) rod capable of casting 150 gran plus with the more common overhead thump styles used by the HSS guys targeting Kingfish and the like as well as those wanting to throw heavy soft plastics for Mulloway.

We only had a short session but it was good seeing the rod put the 112 gram lead out very well and feel confident that it will put the heavier metals and stick baits out where they will produce on the fish.

https://youtu.be/ETrRkTYF-sU

Hopefully Dan will give the details on how he set up the rod regarding guide spacings and sizes for those interested as well as some feedback on how he thinks the rod is performing the task that he made it for :mrgreen:

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Re: Heavy Spinning set ups

Post by DougieK » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:26 am

Good looking piece. When you're back in melbourne i'd be interested to see how it stacks up against some other spin rods i've got that claim 150g and just don't have the power in them.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

JS270
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Heavy Spinning set ups

Post by JS270 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:54 pm

I am back home now Dougie , sadly the rod is Dan's as I have quite a few others that do similar service for me in my collection. I will most likely get one as well in the future but at the moment have enough projects to keep me busy for a while :-)

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”