SHIMANO BIOMASTER SW

Tackleberry
Has liked: 301 times

SHIMANO BIOMASTER SW

Post by Tackleberry » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:22 pm

ok i am thinking of getting a SHIMANO 13 BIOMASTER SW 5000PG for the slower gear ratio

for jigging out in some deeper water , i have a stradic 5000FK but at 6.2:1 it is ridiculous

for out there with the heaver weights , it is great off the beach on the 9' rod i took it off so

the real question is are the SHIMANO BIOMASTER SW any better than a stradic FK or just

much of a muchness .

cheers TAC
"When the people fear the Govn't, that is Tyrany, when the Govn't fear the people, that is Liberty"

Experience is what you get when **** happens

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Re: SHIMANO BIOMASTER SW

Post by DougieK » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:48 am

I can't comment specifically on the low geared one. GTShoon has an 8k bio which i've used a bunch of times which I think is superior to the 5k Sustains that we both spin with. The FK is a beautiful reel and I feel very similar to the Bio. The Bio's have withstood more time than the FKs so far. I feel like they are fairly compatible.

How do you find the knob on the FK? The egg put me off and I liked the round handle on GT's sustain so I picked up one of those instead.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Tackleberry
Has liked: 301 times

Re: SHIMANO BIOMASTER SW

Post by Tackleberry » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:56 pm

DougieK wrote:I can't comment specifically on the low geared one. GTShoon has an 8k bio which i've used a bunch of times which I think is superior to the 5k Sustains that we both spin with. The FK is a beautiful reel and I feel very similar to the Bio. The Bio's have withstood more time than the FKs so far. I feel like they are fairly compatible.

How do you find the knob on the FK? The egg put me off and I liked the round handle on GT's sustain so I picked up one of those instead.
it was the reason i went 5000 instead of the 4000 it's the same as my sustain 8000 i like'm .
"When the people fear the Govn't, that is Tyrany, when the Govn't fear the people, that is Liberty"

Experience is what you get when **** happens

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”