Daiwa New Releases

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Re: Daiwa New Releases

Post by DougieK » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:10 pm

Those coastals (btw, shimano already have a product called the coastal, you flogs) seem to be answering a question that nobody was asking.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:13 pm

4liters wrote:What's the issue with camo grips? They all end up soaked in fish slime and bait juice after a few sessions anyway.
Nothing wrong with camo grips per se, in fact I own a rod with them. But take a look at the current battlers then come back to the promo shots of the soon to be launched replacement. The all black with red highlights looks good, understated with a hint of colour. The black, red (even that looks a different colour) and very light coloured camo looks disgraceful in comparison

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:55 pm

Sounds like a review of some boutique handmade jewellery or something lol

Do Daiwa users go into bunnings and complain that the magenta trimming on the cordless drills doesn't complement the cerulean body? Or that the star droppers are the wrong shade of brown?
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:32 pm

Haha I just got home and read all this.. Did no one else work today? Daiwas releases last year were bad this year is worse. The color ways are tasteless to say the least bit as long as they still produce quality reels n rods I'll continue to buy there stuff even if I don't like the color!
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:40 pm

Theres been a few questionable decisions lately in the daiwa australia stable with the caldia z, silverwolf reel, caldia b and the battler reels plus many others. Admittedly the look doesn't detract from the performance of the reel (or add to it) but these reels certainly don't have the refined look that's come to be expected. They seem to be following suit with the design choices on the rods, if you think the battler camo is good check out what they did to the commander ;-) I can see a place for the custom parts and I think it will probably sell pretty well but personally it's not for me

I have had a quick play with a nasci and used one of the new stradics for a short period of time and was quite impressed with both reels. I believe the nasci will be better value then the gen black reels but there are a few assumptions there regarding the gen black reels.

As far as performance goes daiwa still has the edge in the mid to high end range but shimano is closing that gap whilst continuing to have a good hold on the lower end of the market.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:54 pm

mazman wrote:Theres been a few questionable decisions lately in the daiwa australia stable with the caldia z, silverwolf reel, caldia b and the battler reels plus many others. Admittedly the look doesn't detract from the performance of the reel (or add to it) but these reels certainly don't have the refined look that's come to be expected. They seem to be following suit with the design choices on the rods, if you think the battler camo is good check out what they did to the commander ;-) I can see a place for the custom parts and I think it will probably sell pretty well but personally it's not for me

I have had a quick play with a nasci and used one of the new stradics for a short period of time and was quite impressed with both reels. I believe the nasci will be better value then the gen black reels but there are a few assumptions there regarding the gen black reels.

As far as performance goes daiwa still has the edge in the mid to high end range but shimano is closing that gap whilst continuing to have a good hold on the lower end of the market.
Very well put maz
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:44 pm

Daiwa have always pushed the boundaries with innovations and various models for technique specific actions.

The custom.parts is just another branch off to that. I believe it will.mark the end of the rcs stuff if they market it cheap enough.

Lets see how they sell when they are out in the market soon.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:31 pm

I agree with cobby and maz. Design wise these have missed the mark completely. Especially when your best release is just a re release of an old product that they culled for no good reason.

Camo grips are so 2008 and were disgusting back then. Absolutely detracts from the aesthetics of a rod.

Cork, eva, carbon fibre, mixes of those 3 and new products with understated styling are what get me wet.

Also. When will daiwa aus stop painting **** different colours? Daiwa Japan and other companies that use Daiwa gear as a base like megabass have absolutely nailed this over the years. Especially with the primo gear. Daiwa aus certainly haven't.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:48 pm

DougieK wrote:Those coastals (btw, shimano already have a product called the coastal, you flogs) seem to be answering a question that nobody was asking.

Answer to the tcurve revolutions?

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:00 pm

Yeah the camo is certainly not everyone's cup of tea. Im still yet to make up my mind about it.
Might be a bit better looking in real life. Or could go the other way.
Anyway i can't wait till they start releasing the Air guides on budget rods. Hopefully it will filter down to the budget models just like magseal has.
Let's hope they pick up their game soon and bring in some more jdm type styling like they had before

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”