Shimano sienna down grade ?

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Re: Shimano sienna down grade ?

Post by frozenpod » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:04 am

Bushes can be an advantage, ABU's use bushes and they are one of the most if not most reliable reels ever made.

I have a cheap reel that has bushes in the boot of the car which never gets cleaned or serviced and has being going strong for 7 plus years.

If the reel had bearings I would have replaced them several times by now.

For a budget reel and the people who would likely buy them IMO bushes are certainly ok if not a better option.

Tonyzee

Post by Tonyzee » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:26 pm

If anyone wants some sienna 2500FD 's I have a couple left still in packaging unopened.

Kadmium

Post by Kadmium » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:02 pm

How much tony? Pm me
Species Comp 16/17

Salt: KGW 36cm - Squid 35cm - Salmon 22cm - Flathead 34cm - EP 35cm - Total Salt 162cm

Fresh: Carp 55cm - Total Fresh 55cm

TOTAL : 217cm

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:14 pm

frozenpod wrote:Bushes can be an advantage, ABU's use bushes and they are one of the most if not most reliable reels ever made.

I have a cheap reel that has bushes in the boot of the car which never gets cleaned or serviced and has being going strong for 7 plus years.

For a budget reel and the people who would likely buy them IMO bushes are certainly ok if not a better option.
I keep hearing people love their Abus, but I have 3, and all of them have failed in the last 12 months, after not a great deal of use, and my Shimanos, and the few Daiwas I own just keep on trucking.

It might just be a coincidence, but its turned me off them for good.

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:55 pm

shimano stuffed up here if something works dont change it these things were the best bang for bucks around i have 4 of the 2500 and 1 1000 all caught many many fish bit of oil and some grease they will outlast me

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:00 pm

Scraglor wrote:
frozenpod wrote:Bushes can be an advantage, ABU's use bushes and they are one of the most if not most reliable reels ever made.

I keep hearing people love their Abus, but I have 3, and all of them have failed in the last 12 months, after not a great deal of use, and my Shimanos, and the few Daiwas I own just keep on trucking.

It might just be a coincidence, but its turned me off them for good.
Sorry to hear that if they are relatively new it is quite possible the manufacturing quality is not what it used to be.

I can only say we have 3 Abu's, the 7000 that has had by far the most use 7000's is a 1992 model.

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”