Storing Fishing Rods/Reels in a Garden Shed

Bartnmax

Re: Storing Fishing Rods/Reels in a Garden Shed

Post by Bartnmax » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:11 am

georged2 wrote:My "REEL" worry is heat in the shed and the issue with heat causing the fishing line to weaken. Sounds like from the experience of other fishos that it'll be fine.
OK, couple suggestions.

First - heat - head down to Bunnings or Mitre 10 where for around $50-$60 you can buy a 'Whirly Bird' roof ventilator. Will not only keep the shed cooler but will promote air flow which will assist with drying & combat damp/moisture. Any reasonable handy man should ne able to fit one with very little trouble.

Next. Get hold of a couple of broom sticks. Cut shallow grooves in em & hang em horizontally from the roof.
You can then store rods on these as well as on yer walls. Adds a lot of extra storage area.

Bill.

georged2

Re: Storing Fishing Rods/Reels in a Garden Shed

Post by georged2 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:29 am

Don't know if I can be bothered removing the Reel's... The place where I plan to put this little shed will be shaded so that should help.

The Whirly Bird, awesome, now I gotta spend more money. Thats gonna make the Wife happy. Thanks for that Bill... Great idea and yes they are easy to install, I have 2 of them on my house, I think they help. The broom handles are great idea. Thanks
Early to bed, Early to rise, Fish all day, Tell big lies

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”