Bait casting rod

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Re: Bait casting rod

Post by ducky » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:27 pm

VooDoo wrote:
Snapper Snatcher wrote:http://www.motackle.com.au/d-a-m-super-basser-rods.html

Grab the 10-20lb model of this, my mates have all the models and they're really good rods, usually they're around $140 so for $49 plus probably about $15 postage they're a steal. Obviously they're not as light in the hand as a loomis or anything like that but you really can't go wrong for the price.
The three rods arrived!!!

Bought 2 x SC-602M rods (10 - 17lb) and 1 x SC-702H rod (12 - 25lb) .. They're DAM good rods!!! :) ... and love the feel so far .. Bloody bargain at $168 total for the rods and freight.
I finally ordered the 662MH today. Nearly grabbed a 602M for bass but decided against it, think it might be a touch too heavy for them. The plan is to buy a 2nd hand Curado for the 662 as a cod outfit and get a lighter 6'3-6'8 4-10lb or so rod for the SV as its probably better suited to bassing/yellas.

I know the plan wasn't to get a 2nd one. But I'm committing myself to it. Need to learn it.

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:50 pm

Good buy Ducky!
Bit funny really..."bait casters" seem to be very rarely used for actually casting baits...lol.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:42 pm

Redhunter wrote:Good buy Ducky!
Bit funny really..."bait casters" seem to be very rarely used for actually casting baits...lol.
Yanks call lures 'baits' so I suppose that's where the term came from.

Been watching skip cast videos tonight haha. Probably got a long way to go before getting up to those kind of shenanigans

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:20 pm

ducky wrote:
Redhunter wrote:Good buy Ducky!
Yanks call lures 'baits' so I suppose that's where the term came from.

Been watching skip cast videos tonight haha. Probably got a long way to go before getting up to those kind of shenanigans
you'll be surprised how quickly you pick it up. it's nothing as polished as those vids and i'm still better at skipping with a spinning reel but i've managed to skip a few. even got a hit one a particularly cast that made it to where i was aiming.

start with some thick ropey braid so the backlashes are easier to get out

bradp
Has liked: 42 times

Post by bradp » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:51 pm

This video could come in handy

https://youtu.be/TDI5kwR5zjc

wokka1

Post by wokka1 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:33 pm

Good thread. I had some overtime burning a hole in my pocket and couldn't resist a Quantum smoke baitcast for $ 99 from Dinga. Checking out what was available to pair it with and I found the DAM on Motackle so googled reviews and this thread came up. The 10-17 is on the way.

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”