surf casting

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: surf casting

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:23 pm

tr3los wrote:no tv for you little boy go to your room and think about what u've done. timeout for ten minutes until you learn some manners ;)
:roflmao: :lolf: :crazy: :doh1:

I love my signature.....
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Longshot

Post by Longshot » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:36 am

Not sure if this is actually a serious thread, but if your on a budget, The Anaconda Mojiko brand "Surf Cannon" I've found is a cracker, Its about $100 and is a Chinese knock off of the Century TTLD.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:55 am

Longshot wrote:Not sure if this is actually a serious thread, but if your on a budget, The Anaconda Mojiko brand "Surf Cannon" I've found is a cracker, Its about $100 and is a Chinese knock off of the Century TTLD.

Got one, spooled the reel and haven't had a chance to give it ago.

Two other rods I have, one is an overhead X factor and the other is a Penn both are great rods.

Longshot

Post by Longshot » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:25 pm

I reckon you might be suprised with the Cannon Wolly. I didnt expect it to be all that Flash, but its now one of my fav. roads. I actually have a Century TTLD, and I use the Cannon more.

JS270
Has liked: 1 time

Post by JS270 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:43 pm

Surfcasting distances are all relative to what you are trying to achieve and what you consider long distance casting. I have a range of rods that cover most situations , best to find one that suits your style of fishing and learn the correct technique to get the most from it. Cost should not be the thing that decides for you , just what makes you happy.

Young guys with simple rigs still catch plenty of fish , learn to read the beach, use good bait and the right rigs and have fun doing it. :Fishing_1:

See if you can catch up with a few people that have been doing it for a while and learn from them , then start experimenting on ways of improving :water:

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:09 pm

Couldn't agree more Jeremy.

Mick.S

Post by Mick.S » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:57 pm

Depending on the casting style and if you doing an overhead cast you can just about use any surf rod, but if you doing pendulum cast with 150gr or 175gr sinker + big bait, over and over then I would think about the choice of rod.

hangsta*

Post by hangsta* » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:18 pm

too right if you buy a rolex in bali it looks good.china knok off everything they can whilst still being a fair kind of rod it wont stand up top the full blooded pendulum cast for too long

Linc

Post by Linc » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:30 pm

Don't bother with Pelagic surf rods, I bought one, caught one salmon on it and it broke in half on the 2nd fish.

Tomcat1

Post by Tomcat1 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:00 am

i have a pelagic 16' surf rod that i use quite often. i only use a variation of a pendulum cast that's easier for me but with out using too much effort i can usually cast about 100 meters with no wind 75 meters with wind against me and 120 meters with a good wind.but its a really heavy rod since its solid glass but with the solid glass being so limber it has a whip action for the cast and stays fully loaded really easy. with the weight of the rod it took a little time to get used to casting it and i wouldn't recommend the 16' rod to anyone under 6' tall. but i haven't had any problems with it and have caught a few really good size fish on it.

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”