Has liked: 72 times

Re: BOOM goes the rod

Post by Lightningx » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:27 pm

Lol :rofl:

snapper hunter

Post by snapper hunter » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:42 am

Basti wrote:
snapper hunter wrote:seriously, I can't believe what some of you blokes are spending on boats to catch calas, flathead and tings

makes me laugh
fixed that for ya ;-) :tongue:
You got me there mate!

I would love for some of you blokes to come game fishing with me. If your not short of a dollar, you can buy and bring your own game gear, skirts, lures, etc. might have to up the budget on the outfits though :tongue:

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:40 pm

One day I'll take you up on that man

GONE FISHING

Post by GONE FISHING » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:14 pm

Bought a 40 dollar bait runner a year or so ago. It's my main bait fishing reel. It's teamed up with a 4-8kg glass rod I bought from the boat show for $10. Got two identical set ups and use them mainly for gummies. Caught plenty of gummies and rays and reel and rod hasn't let me down yet. Best $50 I've spent.

At the end of the day it's personal preference what people spend, but for me personally, I don't see a point in spending big bucks on bait gear. As long as it does the job. Unless you're fishing for game Fish of course.....

snapper hunter

Post by snapper hunter » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:08 pm

GONE FISHING wrote:Bought a 40 dollar bait runner a year or so ago. It's my main bait fishing reel. It's teamed up with a 4-8kg glass rod I bought from the boat show for $10. Got two identical set ups and use them mainly for gummies. Caught plenty of gummies and rays and reel and rod hasn't let me down yet. Best $50 I've spent.

At the end of the day it's personal preference what people spend, but for me personally, I don't see a point in spending big bucks on bait gear. As long as it does the job. Unless you're fishing for game Fish of course.....
Spot on mate. Game fishing is the ultimate test of tackle.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:11 pm

snapper hunter wrote:
GONE FISHING wrote:Bought a 40 dollar bait runner a year or so ago. It's my main bait fishing reel. It's teamed up with a 4-8kg glass rod I bought from the boat show for $10. Got two identical set ups and use them mainly for gummies. Caught plenty of gummies and rays and reel and rod hasn't let me down yet. Best $50 I've spent.

Spot on mate. Game fishing is the ultimate test of tackle.
What kind of game fish do you target mate?

snapper hunter

Post by snapper hunter » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:22 pm

Marlin and Tuna

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:38 pm

Are you heading up to Portland soon?

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:23 pm

ducky wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
snapper hunter wrote:seriously, I can't believe what some of you blokes are spending on tackle to catch calas, flathead and tings

makes me laugh

A cala rod is any rod on the boat that is near by. Just cut off the rig, tie on a jig and drift.
where the fun in that mate.. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
you dont want to come across any lure fisherman these days then.
pre-requisite as a minimum is a $200 outfit of some Big brand fishing gear. otherwise you just dont get taken seriously :(
Minimum $200 outfit? What is this poxiness you speak of? I felt poor on the weekend fishing a megabass orichi and luvias. The 2 guys I was fishing with were using exist hyper custom branzinos and either a lox ambassador limited edition or a steez thunderstorm. Haha.

As for whether it's needed or not? No it isn't. Is it anyone's business what you decide to spend on fishing gear? No it isn't

Oh man the steez thunderstorm is on my xmas list too. Very nice rod.
I didnt know half the rods you even mentioned there ducky
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:44 am

Don't worry mate. They are pure wank factor and entirely not needed. But they are nice to use haha

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”