need a new rod

Boza

need a new rod

Post by Boza » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:24 pm

Hey guys new on here and just getting back to fishing after being out of it for a while.

Ok so here goes my budget for a combo is about 130bucks what I'm after is a rod to fish for trout reddies, bream, whitting and flatties just the small stuff and i will be fishing with bait not intrested in lures have arthritis in my shoulder so casting lures alot isn't my idea of fun.

I just wanna throw out a few baits and see what happens.

Also been getting into the carp a bit lately what is a good rod for theese buggers some bloke told me I can use a snapper rod for carp but I'm not convinced as I tried to bend the tip and it felt like a heavy action rod.

So can some of the more experienced guys reccomend some rods for my intended purposes
Good Things Come To Those Who Bait

drew 2

Re: need a new rod

Post by drew 2 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:13 pm

Welcome aboard Bozo. I use a silstar power tip,6 foot,4-6 kg fibreglass rod as my allround bait rod in freshwater(don't fish salt) not to heavy for the trout & reddy's and handles yellas,carp(plenty of big ones) and cod nicely (best cod 78cm on it). got an okuma avenger av30 on it that came with 2 spools,i just change spools (line weight) to suit where and what im likely / trying to catch.
I've had it for awhile now and never had a problem with rod or reel.can't remember what i paid for it but would have been somewhere near your mark.

Tomcat1

Post by Tomcat1 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:25 pm

if your fishing for carp i would advise a good lil bait runner reel. its what i've always used for them and always works well. and a good heavy solid glass rod usually has a good flexible tip i have a lil berkley rod thats solid glass it works really good for the carp.

Boza

Post by Boza » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:43 pm

where would a good place be to go for a rod went to kmart chadstone absolutley nothing there went to rays and all they had were the 8 foot general perpose combos but it was 5-10kgs thought it was a bit heavy for what I wanna do then went to compleat angler and well everything was a tad bit expensive there.

Is bcf any good I've never set foot in there
Good Things Come To Those Who Bait

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:31 pm

BCF will no doubt have a suitable rod / reel for you. With some things I believe they may be a bit expensive, however, they are worth having a look at. They have items on sale at times so you can save money then.
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”