Flueger reels.

Mustang38
Has liked: 1 time

Flueger reels.

Post by Mustang38 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:55 am

So I got the Anaconda cat and see they have Flueger reels on sale from 299 down to 99. Does any one know if these reels are any good??
Cheers

Fishomicko

Re: Flueger reels.

Post by Fishomicko » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:08 am

I had a flueger reel years ago got it from anaconda when they had a sale on it was pretty good really smooth I'm not sure wat particular reel it is but 200 bucks off sounds like a bargan

Mustang38
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Mustang38 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:16 am

Thanks for the reply. Its a Pflueger Supreme XR spin reel so hopefully good model.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:45 am

I recall something like this happening a while back and if I remember it right the consensus was that it was a good reel but the 'original' price was inflated to make it look like a much better deal than it actually was.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:53 pm

Correct. I have the model before this one. Has been on my egi rod for two years and going strong. Had a slightly annoying tick that was caused by play between spool and main shaft. Not ideal for plastics which is why I sold the second one I had. Carbon drags and a spare spool. Made from magnesium alloy so keep them rinsed after each use. Light and really free spinning.

They may have fixed some of the issues in the new model. Worth it for 99

Marty.A

Post by Marty.A » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:01 pm

4liters wrote:I recall something like this happening a while back and if I remember it right the consensus was that it was a good reel but the 'original' price was inflated to make it look like a much better deal than it actually was.
I found that Anaconda do that regularly as where I live there is a BCF right opposite. As an example they were selling X-raps reduced to $16 from $22 went over to BCF same X-raps $16.......

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:33 pm

Only 1 year Warranty :down:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

williwonder

Post by williwonder » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:24 pm

I can vouch for the pflueger XT they have previously sold for $99. As has been said they do inflate the price to make it look like a great deal.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:00 pm

Hey mustang.

They are great reels BUT they are magnesium construct, not great in the salt water.

I used a size 40 for a long time, caught lots of salmon then the gears gave way bang in the middle of a school of good fish. I can upload a video if you like.

Excellent freshwater reels, would recommend you take extremely good care of them if you're planning on using them in the salt.

Also....

Don't be fooled by the $300 price tag, it's an anaconda special, the same as their $150 dollar reel with different colors. For $99 it's still a damn good deal though, had i not just bought a stradic i'd probably get one of these instead.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:45 am

DougieK wrote:Hey mustang.

They are great reels BUT they are magnesium construct, not great in the salt water.

I used a size 40 for a long time, caught lots of salmon then the gears gave way bang in the middle of a school of good fish. I can upload a video if you like.

Excellent freshwater reels, would recommend you take extremely good care of them if you're planning on using them in the salt.

Also....

Don't be fooled by the $300 price tag, it's an anaconda special, the same as their $150 dollar reel with different colors. For $99 it's still a damn good deal though, had i not just bought a stradic i'd probably get one of these instead.
they are no longer made of magnesium
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”