Are expensive rods worth the money?

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Re: Are expensive rods worth the money?

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:56 am

I finally got my hands on some Nitro's and they are great rods, however they were on special, so I tend to buy when gear is on sale. or if a really good discount is offered.

Marty.A

Post by Marty.A » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:18 am

Wolly Bugger wrote:I finally got my hands on some Nitro's and they are great rods, however they were on special, so I tend to buy when gear is on sale. or if a really good discount is offered.
I'm in the same boat I recently bought 2 Diawa Gen Black rods and 2 Exceler 3000 reels on sale, haven't noticed too much difference in the rods compared to what I normally use but the reels are definitely a step up in smoothness ,cast ability and drag performance.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:40 am

I have purchased some very expensive rods (to me anyway) as an upgrade to my generation blacks.
Now theae rods have some pretty cool.guides on them so ill see if the more expensive rods and technology are worth the money.

Now with that in mind. Im expecting to be a difference in feel and sensitivity due to the very different and highly sensitive AGS guides. So in theory and this instance it should be noticable.
Time will tell.

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:43 pm

I have a Nitro Sniper for the surf. Took some saving up but is totally worth it .
Beautiful piece of kit. Can spin all day and not have any physical pain from prolonged usage of a heavy rod.

My little Daiwa GenBlack and Stradic 2500 now travel with me a couple of times a week to work.Post work CBD fishing is now Light , easy to manage and super sensitive.
I would really do it no other way.
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

dezza68

Post by dezza68 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:30 pm

Its a bit like golf gear, the best driver in the world wont make you hit it like tiger. As long as its light enough, strong enough its good enough. The rest is 90% marketting, Ive caught some of my best fish on some of my worst gear and not got a touch on the good gear. :-D
Cast, catch and put it back

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”