accident friday

re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Re: accident friday

Post by re-tyred » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:50 pm

There is no charge for rescues by coast Guard. We do ask for a donation and explain we aren't directly government funded. the funny thing is, the average guy in a smallish 2nd hand vessel almost always give a good donation. You go and help a $ million palace and if you lucky they give you a $50 note. There are exceptions but the struggling fishos average out above the rest.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:13 pm

re-tyred wrote:There is no charge for rescues by coast Guard. We do ask for a donation and explain we aren't directly government funded. the funny thing is, the average guy in a smallish 2nd hand vessel almost always give a good donation. You go and help a $ million palace and if you lucky they give you a $50 note. There are exceptions but the struggling fishos average out above the rest.
You don't get to be a squilonaire by giving money away. :shark: :titanic:

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:53 pm

Thats how people with money keep their money they dont give it away they want more and expect it you rif raf down trodden workers eat cake and be happy.

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:51 pm

Nude up wrote:Thats how people with money keep their money they dont give it away they want more and expect it you rif raf down trodden workers eat cake and be happy.
:icon_lolz:

Are you sure that there will be cake left for the rif raf down trodden to eat and be happy with ... or only the ...... left ?????????????

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:06 pm

I wouldn't know I only eat caviar and drink champagne I don't eat cake

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:12 pm

Nude up wrote:I wouldn't know I only eat caviar and drink champagne I don't eat cake
I was unaware they make " light champagne " but you would no.
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:42 pm

When I was about 15 our motor broke down 3km off Frankston. A kind person towed us in, I even gave him a discount card for the tackle store i worked at, at the time (shall remain nameless :P)

Since then I have jump started one person, and towed two back in (including a large yacht that had run aground off Hastings) I have never recieved anything but thanks, but that is all I would want anyhow, I would like to think anyone else would do the same for me. To think they left in such a way is appalling, but dont let it make you be negative, at least ur building up the Karma bank, and we all need that when we are fishing :P I would never leave anyone stranded out on the water, no matter who they were. At least get satisfaction that you are doing the right thing, and when you go to bed that night, you can sleep well knowing you may very well have just saved someones life, whether they appreciate it or not.

Return to “Kayak Fishing”