Kayak Vs Boat Death

Longshot

Kayak Vs Boat Death

Post by Longshot » Tue May 20, 2014 9:12 am

Reading this and seeing the picture scares me, I honestly think its only a matter of time down here.
Will be a Jetski at Safety Beach, or a boat rocketing out of the Patto.
Gotta make sure you are as bright and visible as possible I guess.

http://www.kayakfishmag.com/news/convic ... rs-appeal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Kayak Vs Boat Death

Post by cheaterparts » Tue May 20, 2014 12:18 pm

Longshot wrote:Reading this and seeing the picture scares me, I honestly think its only a matter of time down here.
I have to agree with you there are plenty of scary places to fish - try Rickets Point in early snapper season
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Tue May 20, 2014 12:35 pm

Just watching jet ski's behavior in lakes and in the bay makes me nervous for anyone on the water. I've watched someone at Lake Hume consume a dozen beers then drive a ski boat. It's ******* terrifying.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Longshot

Post by Longshot » Tue May 20, 2014 2:55 pm

cheaterparts wrote:
Longshot wrote:Reading this and seeing the picture scares me, I honestly think its only a matter of time down here.
I have to agree with you there are plenty of scary places to fish - try Rickets Point in early snapper season

Never been game enough in honesty for just that reason Cheater!

Huntnfish

Post by Huntnfish » Tue May 20, 2014 7:09 pm

Unfortunately some young people never learn and think they are invinceable. Until penalties reflect the crime some people will take the chance even if it could end in a fatality :down:
Last edited by Huntnfish on Tue May 20, 2014 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robbo101

Post by robbo101 » Tue May 20, 2014 7:19 pm

Can't agree enough on foolish boat operators! I feel there are a lot of people out there with a licence and no clue on the rules and also poor operating skills. Remember you only have a written test to pass you licence!
I am also a waterskier and every day on the water I see people doing the wrong thing, endangering others and also there own skiers.
Its not just the young that make foolish mistakes and decisions.
Also now with wake boarding boats loading up with ballast the noses sit right up and after driving one this year, I can report you can see absolutely &%$# all in front of you.... All the kayakers out there be aware of boats around you. At least of you see them you may be able to wave a paddle up high with a slight chance of being seen!? Its not your fault by any means but unfortunately we all have to watch our own backs.

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Tue May 20, 2014 7:55 pm

robbo101 wrote:Can't agree enough on foolish boat operators! I feel there are a lot of people out there with a licence and no clue on the rules and also poor operating skills. Remember you only have a written test to pass you licence!
The licencing is a joke - I've had a boat licence for well over 2 years and have not used ,launched or driven a boat since getting it
To get a licence there are no boating skills needed - you dont have to know how to operate a boat at all
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

fishguts

Post by fishguts » Tue May 20, 2014 11:52 pm

All those idiots must have got the same memo

Sent from my GT-S7275T using Tapatalk
May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.

Return to “Kayak Fishing”