Lang Lang Caravan Park fishing comp

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Lang Lang Caravan Park fishing comp

Post by cheaterparts » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:04 am

Lang Lang caravan park has a frendly comp each easter mainly for the regular punters that stay there.
This year they chucked up an invite to the kayakers ( Vyak guys and girls ) as we stay there a fair bit now days.
So the the challange was set the kayaks up against the Kayak haters club ( the stink boat guys )

Good friday I dont think any one fished as it was a bit rough I was still doing some finishing bits on the new yak or I would have been on the water

Anyway launched around 7 am on saturday from LL ramp with a couple of other kayakers . Mal and myself headed straight over to Palmers channel
I dont know where we droped Nev off
Any way both Mal and myself weighed a couple of fish in Mal 2 gummies and me an elephant and a gummy , these were the first fish weighed in

Sunday I launched about 7.30 and headed down to the Stonghold ( one of our kayaking crew Scuba Sue has bought one of the boat houses in the park ) all was quite ( I put a stop to that ) waking Sue and kicking sh!t out of ghurkin ( steve )who was looking to comfortable sleeping
anyway headed out and within 30 min of parking had landed 2 gummies none huge but one would have gone 90 cm these were returned then a couple of elephant also returned , bigger would come along or so it seamed but then it just shut down
late in the day I caught a couple of mullet to add to my bag

So sunday night we had the BBQ and then Presention -- Heaviest fish Mal Gummy from Saturday at 2.929 Kg gutted
Heaviest Bag went to one off the boaters "Simon" with 6 + Kg

We sat around the fire hanging sh!t on each other and around midnight headed off to bed well primed with antifreeze

Frank the park caretaker with the trophy

So Mals name will be put on the trophy which hangs in the office at the caravan park and more Important I have his winner prize sitting here for him ( some cash )
Mind you there was talk off putting it over the bar and drinking to Mals win

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be penciling this in for next Easter I't is a fun comp not taking to serios and it was good to see a kayaker beat the stink boats
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Re: Lang Lang Caravan Park fishing comp

Post by Wolly Bugger » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:27 am

Nice one, had planned to a do a little land based fishing, after easter, but the rain makes the area a muddy quagmire.

David white

Post by David white » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:19 pm

Been a bit quite of the beach there the last week. Fished 5 times the last fortnight for 1 gummy 3 elephants. Did see the kayakers leave sat morning. 2 guys left at 5ish another 3 around 6:30. I fished from 2:30am to 7:30am sat morning for 1 hit. Not a good result as it was freezing. But well done to the yaks
Ps:what a great set up the yaks have too

cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:04 am

David white wrote:Been a bit quite of the beach there the last week. Fished 5 times the last fortnight for 1 gummy 3 elephants. Did see the kayakers leave sat morning. 2 guys left at 5ish another 3 around 6:30. I fished from 2:30am to 7:30am sat morning for 1 hit. Not a good result as it was freezing. But well done to the yaks
Ps:what a great set up the yaks have too
I was in the second group you saw, Mal was on the red yak - Nev on the blue yak and I was on a very shiney orange yak on its first trip

these kayaks we are using are all pretty good and not the pool toys like a lot of places are passing off as fishing kayaks
just as a mater of interest from the ramp where you saw us head out we paddled straight across to French Island and fished in the channel about 100 meters off the beach there 5.5 Km then down past Stockyard Point another 5 of so Km then worked our way back to the ramp later in the day
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

David white

Post by David white » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:09 pm

great to meet you guys, and yes they looked great!! how many fish did you land?? wow that's deff good fitness then hopefully you had a bit of the current helping you too lol
I would still be there paddling haha hopefully see you guys soon good luck

cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:17 pm

David white wrote: how many fish did you land?? wow that's deff good fitness then hopefully you had a bit of the current helping you too lol
Sat I landed 2 gummies one was small but probably size and a few elephants

kept the bigger gummy and 1 ellie

sunday I caught 2 of each and returned them thinking I would get more through the day but failed to find any more
I did get a couple of mullet though

tide flow doesn't make a lot of difference these days and I wouldn't say I'm that fit , getting old and buggered more the point
My kayak PBs

Cheater

Return to “Kayak Fishing”