Anaconda Seak Rapid Kayak

shazzagraz

Re: Anaconda Seak Rapid Kayak

Post by shazzagraz » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:54 am

DougieK wrote:
shazzagraz wrote:
GTSHoon wrote:Wavedance Kingfisher, is what I have and absolutely love it, ultra stable and stacks of modification vailable, worth the extra $$$$$
Cam
This kayak has been recommended a number of times and it's what I'll be looking at getting a little later this year.

I'm scared of the extra costs that will be involved in getting the yak though, like you say there's "stacks of modifications" to worry about lol, plus the safety gear, and the clothing I'll have to buy. My wife just might divorce me if I go ahead with the purchase lol.

It's still infinitely cheaper for you than owning a boat, and the paddling will do freaking wonders for your shoulders and triceps.
Yeah I know, however my wife and I are trying to save money for a deposit on our first home. We earn enough to get by comfortably enough, just haven't managed to get the savings behind us yet. We have two kids, and I have another two kids from a previous relationship, so you can imagine 4 kids cost quite a bit lol. Anyway, in the position we're in, my wife would be pretty damn upset with me for spending a considerable amount of money on a yak and it's associated expenses. It is my 30th this year though, and my mum said she is going to pay for me to sky dive. I've told her I might prefer for that money to go towards a kayak than skydiving, and she said she'll give me the $600 no problem. So it's already looking a fair bit cheaper, will hopefully be a bit easier for my wife to swallow.

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:40 am

shazzagraz wrote:
DougieK wrote:
shazzagraz wrote:
GTSHoon wrote:Wavedance Kingfisher, is what I have and absolutely love it, ultra stable and stacks of modification vailable, worth the extra $$$$$
Cam
This kayak has been recommended a number of times and it's what I'll be looking at getting a little later this year.

I'm scared of the extra costs that will be involved in getting the yak though, like you say there's "stacks of modifications" to worry about lol, plus the safety gear, and the clothing I'll have to buy. My wife just might divorce me if I go ahead with the purchase lol.

It's still infinitely cheaper for you than owning a boat, and the paddling will do freaking wonders for your shoulders and triceps.
Yeah I know, however my wife and I are trying to save money for a deposit on our first home. We earn enough to get by comfortably enough, just haven't managed to get the savings behind us yet. We have two kids, and I have another two kids from a previous relationship, so you can imagine 4 kids cost quite a bit lol. Anyway, in the position we're in, my wife would be pretty damn upset with me for spending a considerable amount of money on a yak and it's associated expenses. It is my 30th this year though, and my mum said she is going to pay for me to sky dive. I've told her I might prefer for that money to go towards a kayak than skydiving, and she said she'll give me the $600 no problem. So it's already looking a fair bit cheaper, will hopefully be a bit easier for my wife to swallow.
trying to get a deposit up for a home is never easy and with all those mouths to feed it will be harder than some have it

gtshoon has pointed out a kingy is a great starter yak and there are others - I paid $800 for mine 4 years ago an average of $200 a year
yes there are a few add ons like rod holders a cheap sounder ( you can get away with out one when you start )
you will need a PFD and some warm clothing it does add up to a bit more

however there is little ongoing expence in fact it would be no more expencive than land based once you have a yak
now off set the costs against one meal a week of fish ( think about the cost saving of just taking the cost of meat out of one meal a week )

the first year of using a kayak I caught 98 gummies , I lost count of Whiting a few snapper and the list goes on -- most fish were returned but we have been kept in fresh fish quite easerly
where land based is as you know very hit and miss
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

intercooledpc2
Has liked: 2 times

Post by intercooledpc2 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:43 pm

cheaterparts wrote:
intercooledpc2 wrote:Not sure about the 'Rapid', but I have a Seak Swift - it's been a good, fairly stable little fishing weapon.. After much modification of course :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
again not what I would recomend for a 6 foot 100 kg fisho

spec

Length: 300 cm

Width: 80 cm

Seat width: 45 cm

Hatch type: Rubber snap

Load capacity: 110 kg

Weight: 21 kg
Agreed, I guess I was more just suggesting that I've been quite happy with the 'Seak' brand more than anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:12 pm

shazzagraz wrote:
DougieK wrote:
shazzagraz wrote:
Cam

i think i heard somewhere that each child will cost you $1,000,000.00
from pre birth to the age of 18

good luck trying to save lol

i dont have kids and still cant save, probably fish too much lol probably spent $200 a week just on bait and fuel for the boat

Return to “Kayak Fishing”