kayaker rescued

Tomcat1

Re: kayaker rescued

Post by Tomcat1 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:28 am

kayak users that use traliers have to register their trailer. if they put a motor on the kayak they have to register it. i think thats good enough. i use a kayak to fish out of but i use all my safety gear, i practice re entry often. i keep a knife on my pfd. kayak fishing is just like most other things in life. as long as you pay attention to the safety requirements and pay attention to the idiots in the boats that dont pay attention to where their going your fine.

vikodin

Post by vikodin » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:22 am

Nude up wrote:Mate I have to pay to fish I pay to be able to drive my boat I pay for the trailer to get my boat to the water I pay for my boat for the privilege of going on the water. As I said cyclists of the sea. Pay nothing expect everthing
I agree people with boats get ripped off by councils, governments etc but does that mean every one should.

So do you also think a surfer, paddle boarder, kite surfer, boogie boarder etc should have to be registered and ripped off too. Kayakers and above mentioned don't need to use the facilities boats do and are all human powered. Ones that have motors are considered boats so need to be registered as such.

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:29 am

vikodin wrote:
Nude up wrote:Mate I have to pay to fish I pay to be able to drive my boat I pay for the trailer to get my boat to the water I pay for my boat for the privilege of going on the water. As I said cyclists of the sea. Pay nothing expect everthing
I agree people with boats get ripped off by councils, governments etc but does that mean every one should.

So do you also think a surfer, paddle boarder, kite surfer, boogie boarder etc should have to be registered and ripped off too. Kayakers and above mentioned don't need to use the facilities boats do and are all human powered. Ones that have motors are considered boats so need to be registered as such.
Pretty much what I was thinking mate..

vikodin

Post by vikodin » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:38 am

The thing with Rego, its just a revenue raiser for the government, it doesn't in any way help address the issue here of safety.

Plas-Flicker

Post by Plas-Flicker » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:25 am

Wow, I had no idea there was so much apprehension between some boat owners and kayak users.
I think both are awesome boats can get places yaks can't and vice verca ... Can't we all just get along???
Tight lines = Good Times!

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:27 am

you are wrong you dont have to rego your boat to use it - in fact you can ust it in almost any water ways - bays or open water

just remove the motor and turn your boat into a human powered vessel

as it is kayakers also pay to fish - I like many pay the same amount as any boat owner to rego my kayak trailer
if I fitted a motor to my kayak I would also need to pay rego on my kayak

So theres the simple way to cut your costs start rowing
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:56 am

Hope the wrist heals quick and you're off the drugs soon because that is the dumbest thing I've ever read...

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:02 am

cobby wrote:
Hope the wrist heals quick and you're off the drugs soon because that is the dumbest thing I've ever read...
I was gonna type out a long winded reply but I'd only be adding to what others have written. Bang on cobby

PoddyMullet

Post by PoddyMullet » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:17 am

Not knowing the details of the incident, so commenting a little blind. In addition to a knife on a PFD, the story highlights another reason for "quick release anchors". My anchor rope goes into a cleat at the yak end, has a float attached to come back on, and is readily detached from the yak. It's not a 100% guarantee (I guess it could still be tangled up on a yak). But in wind/current the yak will be a sea anchor at one end anchored by a grapnel at the other. Release the yak and it'll at least take a bit of tension/pressure off the line.

Return to “Kayak Fishing”