Mullaway, Ep's and Bream Video Feb 2014

vikodin

Mullaway, Ep's and Bream Video Feb 2014

Post by vikodin » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:02 pm

I went down and stayed at Peterborough with a bunch of kayakers roughly 15 all up.
Fished a little (about an hour) in the Curdies for one bream on a cranka crab :thumbsup:
Then drove to Warrnambool to suss out launch spots and locations to hide from 30kt gusts.

I was using plastics, vibes and hard body lures and getting stuck into heaps of small Bream and a few good ones then hooked a small but legal mullaway on a HB. :woohoo:
Ep's then all of a sudden came on and basically got sick of catching them.
As soon as you think that, they go off the bite and the next day you find them everywhere but not biting. :dontknow
Another mullaway on HB made up for that though, Geez they are a lot more fun on a yak using a 2-8lb rod and 2000 reel, lets you feel every head shake and part of the fight.

Anyway here is a video of the action
[youtube]HQU1jRfwK7k[/youtube]

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Mullaway, Ep's and Bream Video Feb 2014

Post by purple5ive » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:20 pm

Thats just awsome man, theres a nice bend in that rod in most of the video, must have ahd a ball...
cheers

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:31 pm

Awesome video mate. That little Jew at 4min mark gave you heaps of stick. Great video. Loved the durry hanging out the mouth too lol reminds me of all the old school tradesmen who can do everything whilst hands free smoking a dart. Haha

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:35 pm

You guys just had to much fun -- my plans failed so couldn't join you this time maybe next year
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

shazdoggg

Post by shazdoggg » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:43 pm

Awesome video! I also love the rollie hanging out while your fighting the fish haha!! Thanks for the upload, was really enjoyable to watch!! Good choice of tunes aswell! :-D
When I got time,
I wet a line cos Im a junkie,
been fishin since a kid,
I like it cos it numbs me..

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:25 pm

Fantastic video mate looks like your in your element. :a_goodjob:
Got a novice question re the kayak what's that lever by your left leg that you kept on touching what's its purpose?
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

vikodin

Post by vikodin » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:42 pm

Raulfc7 wrote:Fantastic video mate looks like your in your element. :a_goodjob:
Got a novice question re the kayak what's that lever by your left leg that you kept on touching what's its purpose?
It's the rudder, really helps to steer the fish and kayak in wind and while the fish is trying to get behind you.
You might have even noticed me peddling a little bit too.
Similar thing, that and the rudder together helps keep in contact with the fish and keep it in front of me where I want it.
Hobie kayaks are awesome fishing machines

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:36 pm

vikodin wrote:
Raulfc7 wrote:Fantastic video mate looks like your in your element. :a_goodjob:
It's the rudder, really helps to steer the fish and kayak in wind and while the fish is trying to get behind you.
You might have even noticed me peddling a little bit too.
Similar thing, that and the rudder together helps keep in contact with the fish and keep it in front of me where I want it.
Hobie kayaks are awesome fishing machines
Thanks for the explanation, I do all my fishing landbased so the it didn't occur to me that you were trying to keep the fish in front of you, makes sense. :)
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

mheloy

Post by mheloy » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:21 am

Great video vikodin!
It seems fun to do Kayak fishing...
Does only Hobie have that foot pedal thing?
What do you suggest to start in Kayak Fishing?

TIA
Species Caught : 0

vikodin

Post by vikodin » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:49 pm

mheloy wrote:Great video vikodin!
It seems fun to do Kayak fishing...
Does only Hobie have that foot pedal thing?
What do you suggest to start in Kayak Fishing?

TIA
There is another brand kayak with pedals http://www.nativewatercraft.com/video.cfm?id=61" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
But Hobie kayaks are far superior, that much that I don't know one single person with a Native watercraft but hundreds with hobies.

Most people that start out buy a cheap kayak and within months want to upgrade, so if your serious spend the money on something decent, you will enjoy it a whole lot more, small cheap ebay yaks aren't stable or suitable for PPB or WP. I will always suggest a hobie with mirage drive (pedals), I don't care what any of the paddlers say mirage hobies are just better fishing designed due to the hands free aspect. If you just bait fish that isn't then as important though.

best thing you could do if you were looking is contact one of the hobie dealers depending where you live
They all have test days to try out all sorts of kayaks paddle and pedal just book a date (you won't be made to feel obligated to buy anything, they know its a big decision, but you will have a much better understanding and you will want to after testing anyway :lol: )
Mornington PPB http://slhobie.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Geelong PPB https://kayakandsail.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Inverloch area http://rodbendingsworld.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Kayak Fishing”