Best place to launch a Yak near the Island?

TDewy

Best place to launch a Yak near the Island?

Post by TDewy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:03 pm

Im heading down to the Island for a week tomorrow, aware that the currents are rather strong around the island, and wondering if there are any more secluded areas with out such a current? Im not particularly wanting to paddle for hours to get anywhere.

Spoke to a guy today who suggested Rhyll.

Any advice would be awesome.

Tim

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Best place to launch a Yak near the Island?

Post by cheaterparts » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:10 pm

TDewy wrote:Im heading down to the Island for a week tomorrow, aware that the currents are rather strong around the island, and wondering if there are any more secluded areas with out such a current? Im not particularly wanting to paddle for hours to get anywhere.

Spoke to a guy today who suggested Rhyll.

Any advice would be awesome.

Tim
If you wont to yak with little tide flows I would head back off the island and launch at coronet bay there are 2 launching spots at the end of Cuddy Sark rd or the end of Bluff rd both are all tide launches with firm sand beaches
or even bass landing the launch is in the bass river and its a paddle out the enterance

hope that is some help
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

TDewy

Re: Best place to launch a Yak near the Island?

Post by TDewy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:51 am

Thank you very much! Greatly appreciated. I will give that a go on the way home :D

Cheers.

Return to “Kayak Fishing”