Dickies Bay 17th of feb

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Dickies Bay 17th of feb

Post by cheaterparts » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:25 pm

Leejo and myself launched the Kayaks from Reef Island this morning 8.30 - 9-00 am and headed south out the front of the Bass river and touched base with a few of the likely Whiting spots - none of these were working and I doubt the calmness of the water was helping
moving further down toward Dickies Bay also wasn't doing the trick and apart from one stingray that Leejo hooked things were looking grim

A bit after midday and parking in another likely spot maybe 4 meters deep ( I left the sounder battery at home this morning and Leejos stopped working by then )
first sign of action a nice little school of red carp turned up most around the 35 cm and my biggest of the 7 I kept was 39
of cause there were the normal banjo - Port Jackson and another sting ray but it was Westernport

A little later probably 2 ish all shut down again I did get a meter gummy after the shut down and we pulled the pin dropping by the Tooradin cleaning tables on the way home

and Leejo came away with 7 pinkies a couple of whiting and a couple of Leatherjackets

all in all a productive afternoon
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Dickies Bay 17th of feb

Post by smile0784 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:37 pm

Well done guys

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:51 pm

Great day out there for you two, and a fantastic haul. gotta love any day out with Pinkies in it, actually or a Gummy , , , , actually and even whiting, um, , , , and a day on the water , , , , actually and also bro time , , , , and Kayaking , , , , you know, it's a great report of a great day out , , , , period. well done lads.

pinky fillet.PNG

Cheers, Bugatti

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:50 pm

Sssheeessssh, correction on the caption , , , , sorry dudes

pinky fillet 2.PNG

Don't blame it on the Sunshine
Don't blame it on the Moonlight
Don't blame it on the Good Times
Just blame it on the Jacks

Cheers, Bugatti

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:23 am

Well done cheater went under the bridge yesterday arvo so may have seen you if I kept my eyes out.
Fishing was patchy for me first up got onto a good patch of whiting once the majority of boats and jet skiers went in.
Had to flip the bail arm on a cast rapidly otherwise someone on a jet ski would have worn a sinker racing past too quick.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:57 am

Nice report and pics.
Great catch :thumbsup:

Return to “Kayak Fishing”