Kings Kraft Kayaks

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Kings Kraft Kayaks

Post by FishnMiss » Mon May 29, 2017 7:39 pm

Clint, you are right to some degree on the elitist thing. I think in part that is due to kings & a few others knocking off their designs & making them in China without having put in as much R&D for many years into their products as Hobie, Jackson or Native have.
Yes Hobie's etc are pricey but they hold their value if you sell. I saved up till I could get one then sold my wavedance.
Hopefully you can try a Kings before you buy. Just remember you pay for what you get.

To confuse you some more- Pedalfish :P
http://www.kayaksonline.net/kayaks/new-riot-pedal-kayak
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

Bruffy

Post by Bruffy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:09 pm

Clintos wrote:Hi all,

I'm looking at getting into kayak fishing as something different and I think the pedal powered options would be the way to go for me. I would be fishing mainly in the Gong out into the north part of the bay.

Unfortunately the Hobies are a bit out of budget for me but I have found online the Kings Kraft kayaks that seem to tick all the boxes for the type of fishing I would be doing.

Wondering if anyone has tested these or own one and could provide a bit of feedback for me?

here is a website with the kayak - http://www.morningtonkayaks.com.au/prod ... ing-kayak/

Clint.
Hi Clintos I was testing a brand new tandem KK 3 weeks ago, the front drive had a minor collision with a submerged log and the kayak sank within minutes. Crazy Kayaks will not honor the warranty. Wouldn't buy one mate

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:37 pm

Not good mate

lazyfisho

Post by lazyfisho » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:55 pm

I bought one in Oct 17- king kraft 11 pedal but have not taken the maiden voyage as yet. Bruffy, did it ripped the fixtures and part of the bottom off? Hope no one was injured.

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:35 pm

Bruffy wrote:
Hi Clintos I was testing a brand new tandem KK 3 weeks ago, the front drive had a minor collision with a submerged log and the kayak sank within minutes. Crazy Kayaks will not honor the warranty. Wouldn't buy one mate
sounds like a quality unit - I'm not a hobie fan but one thing about them they do honour there warranty

what broke and can it be repaired - if its a crack in the hull and the KK people wont do anything about it - you could give the Yak Doc a try http://www.yakdoc.com/

Steve ( yakdoc ) does good work
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Bruffy

Post by Bruffy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:36 am

lazyfisho wrote:I bought one in Oct 17- king kraft 11 pedal but have not taken the maiden voyage as yet. Bruffy, did it ripped the fixtures and part of the bottom off? Hope no one was injured.
No, it made a small hole in the front housing about 20mm in diameter. How do I attach pictures?

Thanks

Bruffy

Bruffy

Post by Bruffy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:38 am

cheaterparts wrote:
Bruffy wrote:
sounds like a quality unit - I'm not a hobie fan but one thing about them they do honour there warranty

what broke and can it be repaired - if its a crack in the hull and the KK people wont do anything about it - you could give the Yak Doc a try http://www.yakdoc.com/

Steve ( yakdoc ) does good work
Thanks for the info but I think these things should be recalled! :-D

Bruffy

Post by Bruffy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:08 am

lazyfisho wrote:I bought one in Oct 17- king kraft 11 pedal but have not taken the maiden voyage as yet. Bruffy, did it ripped the fixtures and part of the bottom off? Hope no one was injured.
Just to expand, your one may be OK, it's not a tandem so if the drive hits something then there is less force to impart on the hull and less chance of breaking. They may also be aware of the problem and fixed it now. No one was hurt, I tested it in a safe area but if I was miles upstream, in a remote area in cold water or in the middle of the bay it would have been a different story. Take care when you're out there!

Bruffy

Post by Bruffy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:16 am

Damage pix from Kings Kraft tandem kayak. Hope they turn out. This hole resulted from a minor collision, the kayak capsized and sank to the water's surface within minutes. Hope to put a video on You Tube soon.
Attachments
hull3.jpg
prophousing.jpg
IMG_20171230_100410.jpg
IMG_20171230_101331.jpg

lazyfisho

Post by lazyfisho » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:47 pm

Regardless of whether its a tandem or a single, I suspect that the design is the same. When you hit the log, that part that you circle in red would have wedged down and break the hull. Reckon the whole area of the housing needs to reinforced or redesigned...... a secondary lock that will 'give' so that the peddle unit will tilt on impact. Looks like I need to be real careful especially when going out and coming back in to shore around rocky shoreline.....to release & pull up the peddle unit and peddle in! Was planning to go out from Ricketts point on my maiden voyage.

Return to “Kayak Fishing”