Like a Virgin

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Like a Virgin

Post by smile0784 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:47 am

What tge biggest fish you catch from yaks?

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:20 am

smile0784 wrote:What tge biggest fish you catch from yaks?
if you look at the bottom of this post you'll see my PBs and these are mostly from Westernport but am always aiming higher

check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag99cCRTVj0

above minnys 27 kg king

or Tommo's Marlin at Coffs Harbour https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCG-b46fdqg

or Mavs bluefin at portland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIzskZIwNNs

this is the main reason for the yak upgrade - some guys have been doing hobie AI upgrades and some have been looking at better paddle kayaks for off shore
conditions change quickly so you need something that is quick and handles the conditions well

the stealth has room inside the fish box to store 4 -- 7 foot rigged rods so surf launches are safer on the gear everything tucked away if you turtle in the surf

other catches I've seen have been good size Cobia - wahoo - spanish and spotted macks and more -- hope that aswers your question
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:47 pm

jeez you'd think some slack prik would take the blue piece of rubbish from your yard, it's distracting from the shiny new toy

Luluberlu

Post by Luluberlu » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:54 pm

It's seems to be build for speed...but is it stable?...can you go in the bay in this Kayak?

CrazyChenski

Post by CrazyChenski » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:03 pm

Luluberlu wrote:It's seems to be build for speed...but is it stable?...can you go in the bay in this Kayak?
huh ?? Why can't it go into bay ? I can understand if it struggles in the snaggy back rivers due to it's length, but there is no difference in using this between offshore or the bay.

In fact, if you understand a kayak/canoe's Primary and Secondary buoyancy, this is really stable because of its secondary buoyancy. Hobie PA is great on a flat calm water days (Primary buoyancy), but when come to rough weathers, you want these Stealth over PA.The only downside with these, are a bit more wet rides than PA for sure.

cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:59 pm

Luluberlu wrote:It's seems to be build for speed...but is it stable?...can you go in the bay in this Kayak?
As my mate Chenski said they are very stable - how ever the first few deg from vertical may not feel it
There is lower primary stability than many fishing kayaks around with only 61 cm in width - this sorts it self out on rough water where more secondary stability is needed

So yes it is more capable than most on the bay's and off shore even in the surf

It's what you expect from a top of the range kayak and the Profisha is Stealths top range fishing weapons

Above this is the same unit in carbon fibre - of cause with the extra cost of cause
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:40 pm

cheaterparts wrote:
smile0784 wrote:What tge biggest fish you catch from yaks?
if you look at the bottom of this post you'll see my PBs and these are mostly from Westernport but am always aiming higher

check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag99cCRTVj0

above minnys 27 kg king

or Tommo's Marlin at Coffs Harbour https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCG-b46fdqg

or Mavs bluefin at portland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIzskZIwNNs

this is the main reason for the yak upgrade - some guys have been doing hobie AI upgrades and some have been looking at better paddle kayaks for off shore
conditions change quickly so you need something that is quick and handles the conditions well

the stealth has room inside the fish box to store 4 -- 7 foot rigged rods so surf launches are safer on the gear everything tucked away if you turtle in the surf

other catches I've seen have been good size Cobia - wahoo - spanish and spotted macks and more -- hope that aswers your question

Congratulations some bloody nice fish there

Murlz
Has liked: 60 times

Post by Murlz » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:58 pm

Ohhh Cheater! It's all so shiny, sparkley and pretty
Murlz
“I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret.”

cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:37 pm

Murlz wrote:Ohhh Cheater! It's all so shiny, sparkley and pretty

and long -- really long and skinny -- just think of your prowler and add 4 foot and take 4 inches off the width
My kayak PBs

Cheater

Luluberlu

Post by Luluberlu » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:05 pm

cheaterparts wrote:
As my mate Chenski said they are very stable - how ever the first few deg from vertical may not feel it
There is lower primary stability than many fishing kayaks around with only 61 cm in width - this sorts it self out on rough water where more secondary stability is needed

So yes it is more capable than most on the bay's and off shore even in the surf

It's what you expect from a top of the range kayak and the Profisha is Stealths top range fishing weapons

Above this is the same unit in carbon fibre - of cause with the extra cost of cause
Thanks for the explanation, beautifull Kayak ...

Return to “Kayak Fishing”