thoughts on the Stealth Profisha 525

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Re: thoughts on the Stealth Profisha 525

Post by Wolly Bugger » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:42 pm

Some other guys had been out in their boat out wide and caught a few, they were cleaning them when I retrieved my boat.

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Re: thoughts on the Stealth Profisha 525

Post by cheaterparts » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:43 pm

Ok I've got the 525 out a couple of times and have done some kms - first trip launching at Warneet pier back on the 4th of Dec. I met up with another kayaker on a Mirage 582 sea kayak that was out for a paddle
We paddled over to French Island and to the yellow marker ( marine park ) at Chicory lane channel - we didn't go much under 9 kph for this 5 km leg we had tide assist going out the warneet channel and were running around 9.6 + dropping 8.5 - 9 across the current
and thats zipping along at a very nice pase

We parted way he was off to Stony for some exersize and I headed back to Warneet most of the trip back I had no trouble holding 8 kph against the last of the run out and in fact got my max speed for my day out of 12 kph playing silly buggers ( just to see what I could do )

Back at Warneet it was time for some re enters and I did the trip back out the channel against the tide still easy enough ( no GPS speeds on this leg it had been stowed away for my re mounts )
on the way back in I did try to ride a runner ( boat wake ) and yes it picked up the wake quite well but damm it the boatie stopped to fish and my runner also stopped
can't wait for another surf day

So 15 or so Km of good speed and light paddling - the rudder system is mint for such a long ski it turns on a dime

on a side note I bought stealth deluxe seat and it is really good most don't use a seat but I like it -- my new carbon paddle is also nice to use

so that was my first outing must say I'm pretty happy with the performance of the 525 - I could get on the yak from the right had side but struggled on the left with no right hand grab handle fitted the the right hand side - this gave little to grab so I have since added a right hand side grab handle

I've also fitted my EPIRB but theres still a little rigging to do
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Return to “Kayak Fishing”