waterproof bag

Tackleberry
Has liked: 301 times

waterproof bag

Post by Tackleberry » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:10 am

gday all i'm after a couple of waterproof bags to store cameras phones and other stuff in

i have found this sort of thing , has anyone used these and if so are they any good .
TIA
waterproof bag.jpg
waterproof bag.jpg (23.88 KiB) Viewed 1298 times
"When the people fear the Govn't, that is Tyrany, when the Govn't fear the people, that is Liberty"

Experience is what you get when **** happens

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Re: waterproof bag

Post by skronkman » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:36 am

Hey tack, they are great, I have a few of them in different sizes, more or less exactly the same but a different brand printed on the front. They are totally airtight. If you can wait till they bring them out again, Aldi has perfectly good ones on sale for the best price I've seen, in 20L and 30L from memory.

Tackleberry

Post by Tackleberry » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:44 am

thanks , after today i need something for the boat as buy the time i got back to the ramp at 19:00

i was soaked and so was all the good stuff in my side pockets (gotta love tinnys gee i miss my haines)
"When the people fear the Govn't, that is Tyrany, when the Govn't fear the people, that is Liberty"

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:40 am

Lol you could get a emergacy boþle thing that people put flares in from bcf. They sre air tight. B.just b it bulky i think

Tackleberry

Post by Tackleberry » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:47 am

nah i just made a tube for my safety gear i just need a grab bag for small stuff .
IMG_3073 (Medium).JPG
IMG_3073 (Medium).JPG (52.8 KiB) Viewed 1274 times

bigdan91

Post by bigdan91 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:52 am

Tackleberry wrote:gday all i'm after a couple of waterproof bags to store cameras phones and other stuff in

i have found this sort of thing , has anyone used these and if so are they any good .
TIA
waterproof bag.jpg
Yep I've used them spearfishing and they are awesome

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:40 am

Had one before and they are great :thumbsup:

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:40 am

keep an eye out for them to come up at Aldi - I use the dry bags from Aldi myself they normaly come in a pack of 3 for around 10 bucks

the smaller one fits my wallet , keys and stuff - and next size bigger keeps my Flares dry and the larger one takes all my wet gear when I change back at the car

as for your phone why not get a dry bag pouch - I scored mine from the Maritime Safety guys last time we were checked at Portland
having the phone in a dry pouch and in your PFD pocket is much more handy
Tackleberry wrote:nah i just made a tube for my safety gear i just need a grab bag for small stuff .
while the safety gear tube is a good idea - for a kayak something like this could be hard to stow I tried a smaller tube a bit like your one and it was a pain to fit anywhere
the dry bags though can fit in smaller areas
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Tackleberry

Post by Tackleberry » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:27 pm

cheaterparts wrote:keep an eye out for them to come up at Aldi - I use the dry bags from Aldi myself they normaly come in a pack of 3 for around 10 bucks

the smaller one fits my wallet , keys and stuff - and next size bigger keeps my Flares dry and the larger one takes all my wet gear when I change back at the car

as for your phone why not get a dry bag pouch - I scored mine from the Maritime Safety guys last time we were checked at Portland
having the phone in a dry pouch and in your PFD pocket is much more handy
Tackleberry wrote:nah i just made a tube for my safety gear i just need a grab bag for small stuff .
while the safety gear tube is a good idea - for a kayak something like this could be hard to stow I tried a smaller tube a bit like your one and it was a pain to fit anywhere
the dry bags though can fit in smaller areas
sorry to miss lead you CP but it's for my boat not a yak , the reason i asked in the yak section is well who better to ask ?

Return to “Kayak Fishing”