The second TTTAF kayak comp Mt Matha

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

The second TTTAF kayak comp Mt Matha

Post by cheaterparts » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:24 am

Well a good turn out on sunday the 8th of nov for the second round of the TTTAF kayak comps over 40 punters up from 28 in the first one at Rickets point.

Mt Mathas comp was an all species with the plan of weighing in up to 10 different species , one of each and that included basically anything except sharks and rays

I found the going tough with only one size fish a flatty on min length and of cause a sh!t load of under size pinkies and flat head others had one squid but a few picked up more species

the beach start was at 6.30 am with a small 6 hour window before 12.30 stumps

after presentation and a BBQ Winchbitch ( Mal ) and myself did the detour via Balnaring for a few more hours

there we were plagued by Port Jackson Sharks -- I pulled 6 and Mal 13 and between them were another plague of micro pinkies
luck for me a few more desirable fish were there to

2 gummies one returned ( may have been size but not a monster ) and one kept @ 104 Cm I also dropped another fish that pulled the yak around quite a bit that felt very gummyish
I also picked up a 54 Cm snapper and lost what I feel was another good run again felt like a snapper run

Mal picked up a 42 cm whiting but stayed fairly busy with the PJs

so the next round of the TTTAF comp is Dec the 6th at Altona - hopefully there are some fish to find there
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Return to “Kayak Fishing”