Where to look at Kayaks

Lake Leake Boy

Re: Where to look at Kayaks

Post by Lake Leake Boy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:59 am

I've got a Seak Swift Anaconda kayak, set up for fishing on Lake Leake. Its a great kayak to sneak about in calm conditions, but has great stability in the choppy conditions also. For a Yak on a budget I wouldn't go past the Seak Swift!

Send us a PM if you want to ask any more questions on the Seak! :a_goodjob:

Samuel
Proudley Sponsored by Dogtooth Distrabutions

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:47 pm

Lake Leake Boy wrote:I've got a Seak Swift Anaconda kayak, set up for fishing on Lake Leake. Its a great kayak to sneak about in calm conditions, but has great stability in the choppy conditions also. For a Yak on a budget I wouldn't go past the Seak Swift!

Samuel
I must say the swift wouldn't be on my shopping list with only a 110 kg max weight and only 3 meters long
this is not a fishing kayak I would like to sit my bum in
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

mikeski

Post by mikeski » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:49 pm

cheaterparts wrote:
Lake Leake Boy wrote:I've got a Seak Swift Anaconda kayak, set up for fishing on Lake Leake. Its a great kayak to sneak about in calm conditions, but has great stability in the choppy conditions also. For a Yak on a budget I wouldn't go past the Seak Swift!

Samuel
I must say the swift wouldn't be on my shopping list with only a 110 kg max weight and only 3 meters long this is not a fishing kayak I would like to sit my bum in

Yes, once I noticed max weight on a few I have been paying attention to that. I am 6'1" and weigh in at 230lbs (104 kilos) dressed casually. Then there is the rest of the clothes, fishing gear, support gear, cooler, ... I really need to be looking at yaks that support a minimum of 300lbs (140 kilos).

I did manage to put my hands on some Jackson and Hobi kayaks before I left the states. I like the Jackson Big Rig that much more now.

mike...

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:46 pm

mikeski wrote:Yes, once I noticed max weight on a few I have been paying attention to that. I am 6'1" and weigh in at 230lbs (104 kilos) dressed casually. Then there is the rest of the clothes, fishing gear, support gear, cooler, ... I really need to be looking at yaks that support a minimum of 300lbs (140 kilos).

I did manage to put my hands on some Jackson and Hobi kayaks before I left the states. I like the Jackson Big Rig that much more now.

mike...
Mike
it depends on what you wont to do as far as fishing goes Hobie make a very good product - I dont know much about the Jackson range and haven't seen any around

if you intend on doing any fishing on ether bay look for something 3.8 -4 meters as a min in lenth
longer yaks track better - go faster - and are less work than any short yak

load rating if you go 104 kg by the time you put some kayak clothing and a PFD that will turn into 110 Kg
add some gear and an esky and your catch I would say look at a 160 + load range

you also need some of the load to carry home some fish
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Return to “Kayak Fishing”