Alloy Rod Holders

New topics can only be created by Premium Members in the Classifieds.
Ozzy

Alloy Rod Holders

Post by Ozzy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:37 am

Holder.jpg
Holder.jpg (35.32 KiB) Viewed 704 times
I'm after some of these 3 to be exact but any you have I'm interested , prefer around Geelong area so easier to pick up than stuffing people around with postage , let me know if you have any , don't need the bracket they sit in just the top bit

Ozzy

SFP Chick

Re: Alloy Rod Holders

Post by SFP Chick » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:49 am

Have you tried to get Tony Warren to make u some mate?

He fabricates alloy products to your specs. He's in Lara & all of his work is outstanding.

His business name is Tonys tackle. he's on the net. If you contact him, tell him you got onto him via Amanda at Specialty Fishing Products. :grin:

Cheers A

Rogue_Hunter

Post by Rogue_Hunter » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:13 pm

Ozzy,

What you might find with this type of rod holder (if is the type that main shaft lifts out of the holder) is it sometimes becomes a pita when trying to take the rod out of the holder as there is downwards pressure at the front, which in return causes upwards pressure at the rear when a larger fish takes your bait; your rod locks in and becuase the holder is not secured, the entire shaft comes up still attached to the rod. If its the one that is secured in the shaft, and only rotates, then it will be ok.

Ozzy

Post by Ozzy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:02 pm

Yes mate the one I have has a pin goes through the bottom to stop it coming out , if I score some others without a pin I'll just drill a couple of holes for a pin

At the moment its looking more like getting the plastic type

Ozzy

Rogue_Hunter

Post by Rogue_Hunter » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:17 pm

Where is this going to be mounted on?

What i did was purchase one of these, which you secure onto the boat (almost the same size as your original bracket)

http://www.bcf.com.au/online-store/prod ... 3903#Cross" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and then, insert of these in there, and presto, you have a typical rod holder than can now hold 3 rods for you!

http://www.bcf.com.au/online-store/prod ... 2692#Combo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The good thing about this is, you can attach a few mounts around and then depending on which direction you fish, you can insert the 3way into that mount :thumbsup:

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:33 pm

fleabay -$20 each

RH, that second one you posted $60 a pair in fleabay
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Rogue_Hunter

Post by Rogue_Hunter » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:40 pm

Tx Fc, the links were just images to help explain the setup. I bought mine from Compleat angler when they had them on sale.

Ozzy

Post by Ozzy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:34 pm

The mounts are already on the boat , that's why I'm looking for the top half of the holder. If I have no luck , I will probably end up making my own stainless rod holder setup to go right across the back of the boat eventually , but for now just go the plastic ones and utilize the original mounts with a bolt and plate .

Ozzy

Ozzy

Post by Ozzy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:57 pm

This is what I did with my last boat , I used the existing rowlock hold and made a plate and bolt to fit and then mounted the rod holder base on that , this is an option if I go the plastic type with the new boat , just use the existing mounts and make up my own plates with a boat and then mount the base on them.

Ozzy
256297_4367489796110_655222220_o.jpg
256297_4367489796110_655222220_o.jpg (62.12 KiB) Viewed 606 times

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:37 pm

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Alloy-Rod-Ho ... 417d20068e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Return to “Wanted”