Surf rod and reel WANTED

New topics can only be created by Premium Members in the Classifieds.
User avatar
LINwAd
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:18 am
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Surf rod and reel WANTED

Postby LINwAd » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:22 pm

Hey all.

I am chasing a surf rod 12ft or over, 10 to 20kg range 'ish' with a Diawa Emcast 6000A Plus or similar quality reel.

Has anyone got one laying around that they dont use or are looking to get rid of?

Looking for second hand...budget is $250 (preferably below that) or may push it higher for a kick ass rig but I know I can get a pretty good set up for around 300 brand new.

I always prefer to see what is available before purchasing new. :a_goodjob:

Hit me up with what you have got and a rough price.

Thanks heaps.
LandFishTV creator - https://www.landfishtv.com.au Enjoy! :water:



Remove these ads.

User avatar
Broomstick
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 10:43 am

Re: Surf rod and reel WANTED

Postby Broomstick » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:28 pm

LINwAd wrote:Hey all.

I am chasing a surf rod 12ft or over, 10 to 20kg range 'ish' with a Diawa Emcast 6000A Plus or similar quality reel.

Has anyone got one laying around that they dont use or are looking to get rid of?

Looking for second hand...budget is $250 (preferably below that) or may push it higher for a kick ass rig but I know I can get a pretty good set up for around 300 brand new.

I always prefer to see what is available before purchasing new. :a_goodjob:

Hit me up with what you have got and a rough price.

Thanks heaps.


Hey mate, any reason in particular you are going with the emcast? I have owned two, and both didn't last very long. In a similar price range (actually a fair bit cheaper I think) is the shimano aerlex. They are bulletproof, and if you get an 8k and spool it up with a nice pe 4 braid you'll stop just about anything off the beach. I have two aerlex that I've had for about 10 years and they are still going strong and have caught me plenty of fish. Also, go with a longer rod (13ft minimum I reckon). 12ft isn't long enough in big swells.

Good luck with the outfit!

User avatar
LINwAd
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:18 am
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: Surf rod and reel WANTED

Postby LINwAd » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:54 pm

Broomstick wrote:
LINwAd wrote:Hey all.

I am chasing a surf rod 12ft or over, 10 to 20kg range 'ish' with a Diawa Emcast 6000A Plus or similar quality reel.

Has anyone got one laying around that they dont use or are looking to get rid of?

Looking for second hand...budget is $250 (preferably below that) or may push it higher for a kick ass rig but I know I can get a pretty good set up for around 300 brand new.

I always prefer to see what is available before purchasing new. :a_goodjob:

Hit me up with what you have got and a rough price.

Thanks heaps.


Hey mate, any reason in particular you are going with the emcast? I have owned two, and both didn't last very long. In a similar price range (actually a fair bit cheaper I think) is the shimano aerlex. They are bulletproof, and if you get an 8k and spool it up with a nice pe 4 braid you'll stop just about anything off the beach. I have two aerlex that I've had for about 10 years and they are still going strong and have caught me plenty of fish. Also, go with a longer rod (13ft minimum I reckon). 12ft isn't long enough in big swells.

Good luck with the outfit!


A mate had one and reccomended the reel so I am just after somthing that will last a bit and handle well without exploding the budget. I am fine with 13ft etc but wouldnt want anything shorter than 12. Thanks for your advice mate.
LandFishTV creator - https://www.landfishtv.com.au Enjoy! :water:

dazz999
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 989
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:44 pm

Re: Surf rod and reel WANTED

Postby dazz999 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:01 pm

Broomstick wrote:
LINwAd wrote:Hey all.

I am chasing a surf rod 12ft or over, 10 to 20kg range 'ish' with a Diawa Emcast 6000A Plus or similar quality reel.

Has anyone got one laying around that they dont use or are looking to get rid of?

Looking for second hand...budget is $250 (preferably below that) or may push it higher for a kick ass rig but I know I can get a pretty good set up for around 300 brand new.

I always prefer to see what is available before purchasing new. :a_goodjob:

Hit me up with what you have got and a rough price.

Thanks heaps.


Hey mate, any reason in particular you are going with the emcast? I have owned two, and both didn't last very long. In a similar price range (actually a fair bit cheaper I think) is the shimano aerlex. They are bulletproof, and if you get an 8k and spool it up with a nice pe 4 braid you'll stop just about anything off the beach. I have two aerlex that I've had for about 10 years and they are still going strong and have caught me plenty of fish. Also, go with a longer rod (13ft minimum I reckon). 12ft isn't long enough in big swells.

Good luck with the outfit!
how did the emcast not last long what broke i have the emcast 6000a plus but only used it twice casts well but moved to the shimano ultegra

User avatar
4liters
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 4331
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:05 am

Re: Surf rod and reel WANTED

Postby 4liters » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:18 pm

If you're just baiting fishing get a Penn Slammer or Spinfisher. Bullet proof and they have a pretty nice drag
2015/16 Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm

User avatar
4liters
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 4331
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:05 am

Re: Surf rod and reel WANTED

Postby 4liters » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:26 pm

Whatever you do, don't get a Windcast. Plastic-y ******* thing that had the body and stem flex from a skate. The handle and screw look almost indistinguishable from a $30 Jarvis Walker reel too.
2015/16 Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm



Remove these ads.

dazz999
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 989
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:44 pm

Re: Surf rod and reel WANTED

Postby dazz999 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:38 pm

mate i have a daiwa emcast 6000A plus used it twice stripped the power pro braid off and just put 300 metres of 30lb fireline exceed line has never seen water just put it on cause the reel looked naked pm me with a offer if you want can allways check it out when your a brighton pier next

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6876
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Surf rod and reel WANTED

Postby smile0784 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:43 pm

Theres probably better rids out there for cheaper

User avatar
LINwAd
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:18 am
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: Surf rod and reel WANTED

Postby LINwAd » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:54 pm

dazz999 wrote:mate i have a daiwa emcast 6000A plus used it twice stripped the power pro braid off and just put 300 metres of 30lb fireline exceed line has never seen water just put it on cause the reel looked naked pm me with a offer if you want can allways check it out when your a brighton pier next



i send you a PM about the reel daz
LandFishTV creator - https://www.landfishtv.com.au Enjoy! :water:

Fishbref
Rank: Cephalopod
Rank: Cephalopod
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:13 pm

Re: Surf rod and reel WANTED

Postby Fishbref » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:30 pm

4liters wrote:Whatever you do, don't get a Windcast. Plastic-y ******* thing that had the body and stem flex from a skate. The handle and screw look almost indistinguishable from a $30 Jarvis Walker reel too.


Interesting, the S model?

I have the Z5500, and it bloody beautiful...



Remove these ads.


Return to “Wanted”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests