Land based soft plastic bream tuition

New topics can only be created by Premium Members in the Classifieds.
tommyfishunter

Land based soft plastic bream tuition

Post by tommyfishunter » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:11 pm

Hi all.
Apologies if this against forum rules, please delete if so.
I'm looking for someone to teach me the basics of land based bream fishing with soft plastics.

Just a bit of background info first I'm mostly a bait fisherman but always have plastics with me. Lately I've been fishing plastics exclusively targeting bream with no luck whatsoever. Not even a bite. I know that's the nature of the beast sometimes with fishing however. It's gotten to the point where I must be doing something wrong.

I run a light 1-3kg graphite rod with a shimano reel (can't remember the model but worth about $150). 6lb super pe braid and 6lb fluro leader. Tried a lot of different soft plastics brands and scents.

I've read the great guides we have on this forum and a lot more on the internet, watched YouTube fishing shows etc.

Working in the CBD ive fished docklands quite a bit, but only caught bream on bait there.
Other areas that I've fished recently include rivers in Kangaroo island (meant to be full of bream), Adelaide harbour, Warnambool Hopkins and Merri Rivers others that I don't remember.

The result is the same everywhere I go ... Donuts.

I'm after someone to specifically go through me with the basics of land based bream fishing focusing on the following areas.
Rigging of plastics
Likely areas fish will be sitting in depending on weather conditions, water etc
How to specifically work the lure depending on the conditions.
And ideally catch me my first bream on a sp.

I've looked around the internet and it doesn't seem like anyone offers the kind of tuition I'm after in Melbourne.

Ideal times would be weekdays after work around docklands or on Sunday at any location with 2hr of melb(will pick up and drive there).

Remuneration will be flexible it can be in the form of cash, alcohol, fishing gear etc your time to baby sit me.

PM me or post your replies in here if you can help or know of someone that can.

Cheers

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Re: Land based soft plastic bream tuition

Post by mazman » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:54 pm

Hey mate, I'm not exactly an expert but I catch a fair few bream on lures. Happy to catch up for a session and show you how I do it but the biggest thing I've found is confidence and the mindset of the fisherman plays a large role. Sounds funny but there has been multiple trips I've been on recently where that has really made itself clear.

Cheers Alex
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Haygmbp

Post by Haygmbp » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:38 pm

100% agree. Confidence and a couple of the "1% ers' will change your fortunes.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:54 pm

luckily there a few good people on here who can help you catch some soon.
im happy to help you as well but mazman is on holidays now i believe, so your better off taking that option

once you catch one your confidence will improve tenfold, the first one is the hardest
it will happen mate
cheers

fishmagnet

Post by fishmagnet » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:07 pm

Hey mate i'll be happy to help you out too. I fish the CBD a lot for bream so i can 100% help you out if you want!

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:29 pm

I dont have the patience to hunt bream on lures. Too slow to my liking. It takes ages for the sp to hit bottom in docklands.

Good luck.

brybry

Post by brybry » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:04 am

As mazman says, I think the right mindset is critical.

I've gone fishing a many times with a mate of mine. If I don't see any action within the first couple of hours, I get sloppy and lose concentration and frankly get bored. My mate though is a beast and intense when it come to his fishing. He will fish hard all the time and is focussed and constantly thinking of what tactics to apply....naturally, he always, always out fishes me.

I think the key is patience and persistence and attention to detail.

Will be interested to hear how you 'education' progresses.

spyderfuji

Post by spyderfuji » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:43 pm

brybry wrote:As mazman says, I think the right mindset is critical.

I've gone fishing a many times with a mate of mine. If I don't see any action within the first couple of hours, I get sloppy and lose concentration and frankly get bored. My mate though is a beast and intense when it come to his fishing. He will fish hard all the time and is focussed and constantly thinking of what tactics to apply....naturally, he always, always out fishes me.

I think the key is patience and persistence and attention to detail.

Will be interested to hear how you 'education' progresses.
Now, that's very encouraging! ...I'm following this definitely

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Post by greggo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:45 pm

Docklands would have to be the most soul destroying place to learn lure fishing.

The fish might be anywhere in the water column, from the bottom (9-14 mt) to the surface. You need to have the appropriate lures to fish the different depths to find the fish. Your safest bet is a bibbed hardbody, like an Ecogear SX 40 in light colors for the top metre or so. A Gulp worm on a 1/32-1/16 jighead for the middle. If the fish are on the bottom, the best option is a vibe/blade. My go-to blade for the Docks is the Ecogear Vx30 or 40 in 445 color, which is a dark brown with an orange belly, but be prepared to get bricked by a big snapper or Jewie...they love them...!

There are plenty of other lures/plastics that work well in there, but for a beginner I believe these would be your best options.

Good luck with it, once you get that first fish, it gets easier.

tommyfishunter

Post by tommyfishunter » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:55 pm

Cheers everyone for the replies will keep it updated as I hopefully progress.

Return to “Wanted”