rules for selling stuff

New topics can only be created by Premium Members in the Classifieds.
barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

rules for selling stuff

Post by barra mick » Sat May 18, 2013 7:43 pm

I think we should have a forum rule for selling stuff

a lot of people don't know what a second hd reel or rod is worth and a lot of people are just trying to learn how to fish and need to learn how much to pay for fishing equipment..sometimes the people with knowledge are taking advantage of the battlers

and then when u point out that they are being ripped off the moderators are taking away the posts helping the sellers rip the average bloke off

luckily I was able to save a poor family man yesterday who was looking at getting ripped off before the moderators pulled the posts down....he was able for the same money of one reel buy both his boys a reel with a spare spool a good reel that will last his boys decades

this site should be abt helping people learn how to fish and sharing knowledge...not the dollar

cheers bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: rules for selling stuff

Post by Fish-cador » Sat May 18, 2013 8:00 pm

barra mick wrote: and then when u point out that they are being ripped off the moderators are taking away the posts helping the sellers rip the average bloke off
Can you give an example of this statement?
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

barra mick

Post by barra mick » Sat May 18, 2013 8:11 pm

yes fish cador

yeaterday when a member was trying to rip off people with the 700 plus reel and then the moderators pulled all the posts

I can go further into it if u want me to pm u but im sure u could see the posts that were taken down yesterday

I cam pm u my ph number also

cheers bm

cheersbm

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sat May 18, 2013 8:24 pm

I did not see the posts. I dont know what were posted but I saw the comment that the topic was cleaned up. I cant see what has been deleted. I dont have access to archives. I cant comment on something I did not see.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

barra mick

Post by barra mick » Sat May 18, 2013 8:35 pm

Fish-cador wrote:I did not see the posts. I dont know what were posted but I saw the comment that the topic was cleaned up. I cant see what has been deleted. I dont have access to archives. I cant comment on something I did not see.

fair enough then if u cant see

cheers bm

Bluegroper

Post by Bluegroper » Sat May 18, 2013 8:57 pm

You have no idea mate. The reel price on the box was $1349 if you look at the pictures. Nothing wrong with using a $200 reel but find me a $200 reel that has 30kg drag and is used primarily for chasing some of the strongest fighting sportfish in the ocean. Even the fact that i had given 2 examples of people that had paid 750 and 760 for used ones in the last month still made you agree with a stupid calculation of $250.

Different setups for different situations. Example: One of my mates this week from a tackle store recently had a customer that placed an order for 21k worth of daiwa marine power 3000 electric reels. Each reel is 4k+. Why does he need it because he is fishing in 1000m of water and the reels hold 1400m.

Do some research before you bag out people! Some people might think that your crazy for spending $200 on your reels. That's there opinion. Each to their own. I have cheap stuff and yes it works for most things and I have expensive stuff. Which is my choice!!!

Maybe you should point the finger at the stores and the fishing companies that sell the product at the prices they do.
barra mick wrote:yes fish cador

yeaterday when a member was trying to rip off people with the 700 plus reel and then the moderators pulled all the posts
They pulled your posts because you guys were out of a line. Did you see how people started agreeing with what the moderators did. But yet you still want to keep going on.

Geoff

Return to “For sale”