looking for cheap surf rods

New topics can only be created by Premium Members in the Classifieds.
User avatar
crumpet_avenger
Rank: King George Whiting
Rank: King George Whiting
Posts: 495
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:16 am
Location: rowville
Contact:

Re: looking for cheap surf rods

Postby crumpet_avenger » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:37 pm

4liters wrote:Just take the boat. Fish for them the same places you'd target them landbased but make sure the you're in the water.

Hahaha i dont know if you meant that to be funny or not but i laughed out loud at that.

Good work



Remove these ads.

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6990
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: looking for cheap surf rods

Postby smile0784 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:24 pm

You can get ellies around the corner from where i get squid. About 5 mons from my squid spot.

Or 5 mins out of the torriden channel

User avatar
4liters
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 4377
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:05 am

Re: looking for cheap surf rods

Postby 4liters » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:01 pm

crumpet_avenger wrote:
4liters wrote:Just take the boat. Fish for them the same places you'd target them landbased but make sure the you're in the water.

Hahaha i dont know if you meant that to be funny or not but i laughed out loud at that.

Good work

It's true though. Ellies get caught at Lang Lang, so take the boat to Lang Lang. Squid get caught at Mt Martha so park the boat right in front of DougieK's favorite squid spot there. And so on.
2015/16 Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm

CarlG
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 3707
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Rosebud.

Re: looking for cheap surf rods

Postby CarlG » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:06 pm

4liters wrote:
crumpet_avenger wrote:
4liters wrote:Just take the boat. Fish for them the same places you'd target them landbased but make sure the you're in the water.

Hahaha i dont know if you meant that to be funny or not but i laughed out loud at that.

Good work

It's true though. Ellies get caught at Lang Lang, so take the boat to Lang Lang. Squid get caught at Mt Martha so park the boat right in front of DougieK's favorite squid spot there. And so on.


Just watch out for the 100gram raider whizzing past the stern, and collecting a couple of your jigs...
Got couta..?

purple5ive
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 5811
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: looking for cheap surf rods

Postby purple5ive » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:17 pm

Hahah. thanks guys for the responses.
Im not sure yet wether a boat outing might be on tbe cards. Both a novuces and ill end up going mad on the boat. At least landbased might mKe it a bit easier.

Thanks to those who have offered but im just paranoid they might damage it. So id rather not destroy someone elses gear.

Tbe kmart rods seem cheap enough. I have reels just need the rods at this stage.
Small Fish Specialist :-D :-D :-D

User avatar
FlynnFisherman
Rank: Garfish
Rank: Garfish
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:59 am

Re: looking for cheap surf rods

Postby FlynnFisherman » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:04 pm

purple5ive wrote:OK, so after buying the boat i sold/donated all my landbased gear.
im thinking about doing a trip landbased to chase some elephant fish soon.
so does anyone know of any surf rods going cheap like cheaper the better dont care about quality, even second hand ones will be fine.
i want to take my cousins to chase them landbased, or perhaps even boat based but ive never fished WPB in my boat so im thinking thats out plus im not sure exactly where to go and target them in a boat.

Budget under $50 if possible.

cheers


I see surf rods at BCF for $45-$55 all the time, I'm almost certain if you went down to your nearest BCF there'd be a few surf rods for more than affordable prices :thumbsup:



Remove these ads.

User avatar
ratbag
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 564
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:41 pm
Location: Melbourne Eastern Suburbs
Contact:

Re: looking for cheap surf rods

Postby ratbag » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:22 pm

Steve, I’ve had a couple gifted to me by neighbours recently & now more than I ever need / use, I’ll donate one to you! It’ll just collect dust in my shed
quid est quod eum

User avatar
Kosta7
Rank: Cephalopod
Rank: Cephalopod
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:56 pm

Re: looking for cheap surf rods

Postby Kosta7 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:29 pm

I have a cheap 12ft from Anaconda. If you want it, it’s all yours mate

purple5ive
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 5811
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: looking for cheap surf rods

Postby purple5ive » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:39 pm

Kosta7 wrote:I have a cheap 12ft from Anaconda. If you want it, it’s all yours mate

where are you located mate?
Small Fish Specialist :-D :-D :-D

purple5ive
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 5811
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: looking for cheap surf rods

Postby purple5ive » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:40 pm

ratbag wrote:Steve, I’ve had a couple gifted to me by neighbours recently & now more than I ever need / use, I’ll donate one to you! It’ll just collect dust in my shed

might take you up on that offer, ill send you a message later
Small Fish Specialist :-D :-D :-D



Remove these ads.


Return to “Classifieds”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests