Massive Mulloway School Video

Jewfish, Jewies, Soapies, what an awesome fish to target!
Pirana

Massive Mulloway School Video

Post by Pirana » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:36 am

Hi guys,

I know that I’m opening up pandoras box by posting this - though I am genuinely after some validation that I’m not imagining what what I’ve witnessed - and captured on video.

I also know that people tend to keep very tight lipped about the topic, and I’m not going to post exactly where this took place. I’ll let you work it out for yourselves and I have made no attempt to ‘hide’ where this was filmed. The video was captured purely by accident as I was flying the drone back to me.

What it appears that I have caught on camera is a large school of over 100+ Mulloway rounding up a large school of baitfish (probably mullet). Estimating by the flying altitude and fact that the baitfish can somewhat be seen on screen made me originally think that they were just large mullet. But if you look at the size of the fish and compare them to the size of the black swans - you can get a ‘rough’ sense of the size of the fish actually being quite large. My guess would be 70-90+cm in length.

What do you guys think? I’ll post some screenshots and I’ll put the video link in here to (If I can work out how to do that).

I have been slowly driving myself insane constantly thinking about this - and figured that posting this might give me an outlet. I feel like I've filmed bigfoot riding on a unicorn. Still scratching my head...

video is here https://youtu.be/rJHCeuy-G74
Attachments
Melbourne Mulloway Drone Footage_DJI_0006.00_01_33_29.Still003B.jpg
Melbourne Mulloway Drone Footage_DJI_0006.00_01_33_29.Still003.jpg

Return to “Mulloway Fishing”