Where the jewies at?

Jewfish, Jewies, Soapies, what an awesome fish to target!
rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: Where the jewies at?

Post by rb85 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:34 pm

purple5ive wrote:Those d1ckheads ruined it for everyone else because of that.... thats all im saying.
They wouldn't be on there own as a media publication that's drawn attention to certain locations.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:53 pm

LINwAd wrote:I'd be keen to chase some jewies too.
You will need to be circumcised.

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:05 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
Heard that Elsternwick is a much hotter spot than Caulfield and St Kilda :)

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

Kosta7

Post by Kosta7 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:30 pm

purple5ive wrote:Those d1ckheads ruined it for everyone else because of that.... thats all im saying.
I am so intrigued by these fish. I am trying to gather info and will start targeting them. I am allowing myself 10 years before I catch one :oops:

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:41 pm

rb85 wrote:
They wouldn't be on there own as a media publication that's drawn attention to certain locations.
Nope thats true. But they literarly turned patto into bourke street mall by doing their episode there. But i guess they didnt do anything wrong but sure made every man and his dog get down there aftetwards.

Millzee
Has liked: 42 times

Post by Millzee » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:03 pm

I unfortunately dropped a 70+cm jewie on Saturday night 100m before going under the westgate, the hook fell out as I went for the net. Great to know they are there though.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:08 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

abzz

Post by abzz » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:50 pm

You can spend a lot of hours each night chasing them, but I think it's much better to chase the tide change (preferably low tide)
Fish 1.5 hours each side of the change. If you don't get a hit within 3 or so hours pack up and try the same another night.
Most places in the Yarra you're in with a chance. I find it better fishing the pier 35 side or around docklands. When the water is clear head further in towards Cremorne. Maribyrnong fishes well too near the bridges on a tide change. Fish where you think the baitfish might be around little run offs or where the light meets dark under a bridge or sometimes right near your feet!
Try fishing 4-7 nights before a full moon and with a low tide change early in the morning. Live mullet /super fresh mullet or salmon slabs and fresh squid would be the better baits IMO. From now till April there should be a fair few school mulloway around.

nooga27

Post by nooga27 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:52 pm

abzz wrote:You can spend a lot of hours each night chasing them, but I think it's much better to chase the tide change (preferably low tide)
Fish 1.5 hours each side of the change. If you don't get a hit within 3 or so hours pack up and try the same another night.
Most places in the Yarra you're in with a chance. I find it better fishing the pier 35 side or around docklands. When the water is clear head further in towards Cremorne. Maribyrnong fishes well too near the bridges on a tide change. Fish where you think the baitfish might be around little run offs or where the light meets dark under a bridge or sometimes right near your feet!
Try fishing 4-7 nights before a full moon and with a low tide change early in the morning. Live mullet /super fresh mullet or salmon slabs and fresh squid would be the better baits IMO. From now till April there should be a fair few school mulloway around.
Thanks for the great info, Abzz!
Looking back at reports over the years there are usually a few getting caught around this time, just hadn't heard a whisper so wasn't sure! But they're obviously out there!

Are you back on the Jews or is it strictly reds for you ATM?
Red sky at night, Fisherman's delight

nooga27

Post by nooga27 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:57 pm

Millzee wrote:I unfortunately dropped a 70+cm jewie on Saturday night 100m before going under the westgate, the hook fell out as I went for the net. Great to know they are there though.
That's a damn shame mate! I know the feeling, heartbreaking especially when I still haven't got one in melbourne! But good to hear they're around. I've never had a touch or even a sign of Jew on my livies under the Westgate, lorimer side! Looks like I'll be getting out again though! Hopefully someone can post a photo on here soon!!
Red sky at night, Fisherman's delight

Return to “Mulloway Fishing”