Where the jewies at?

Jewfish, Jewies, Soapies, what an awesome fish to target!
Nathan_867

Re: Where the jewies at?

Post by Nathan_867 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:45 am

I know its a bit from Melbourne but corinella has had some nice jewies about

adamk

Post by adamk » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:28 am

Millzee wrote:I unfortunately dropped a 70+cm jewie on Saturday night 100m before going under the westgate, the hook fell out as I went for the net. Great to know they are there though.
there are some big ones around there, i have 40lb mono on a barrel that got smashed spooled last year around there.
same spot i seen kings when they come up the yarra a year before that seen 60/70cm snapper been landed around there too
Attachments
hurrdurrderp.jpg

abzz

Post by abzz » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:24 pm

nooga27 wrote:Thanks for the great info, Abzz!
Looking back at reports over the years there are usually a few getting caught around this time, just hadn't heard a whisper so wasn't sure! But they're obviously out there!

Are you back on the Jews or is it strictly reds for you ATM?
All good
On the reds at the moment - hopefully get a couple more and can try for silver :a_goodjob:

nooga27

Post by nooga27 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:05 pm

adamk wrote:
Millzee wrote:I unfortunately dropped a 70+cm jewie on Saturday night 100m before going under the westgate, the hook fell out as I went for the net. Great to know they are there though.
there are some big ones around there, i have 40lb mono on a barrel that got smashed spooled last year around there.
same spot i seen kings when they come up the yarra a year before that seen 60/70cm snapper been landed around there too
Sounds great! That's weird cos I'm in the area on Lorimer street a fair bit and I've never even seen anything decent get caught or lost!

Great image though! I've been told about that first bend at werribee so many times but I assume you can only get there by boat?
Red sky at night, Fisherman's delight

crumpet_avenger
Has liked: 6 times

Post by crumpet_avenger » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:48 pm

purple5ive wrote:Those d1ckheads ruined it for everyone else because of that.... thats all im saying.
"those dickheads" are what most of us modest fishos want to see. we don't want to watch GT fishing, or Tuna from queensland. just cause they stole your spot doesn't mean they are dickheads.
they are regular fishers like us. I enjoyed watching it, still haven't been there to try it but maybe I will now it gets up your nose.

grow up mate.

people watch fishing shows to learn how to fish. you crack it cause some secret spot is unveiled... its a fact of life...

PhilN

Post by PhilN » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:40 pm

Well said. I love these raw local shows.
As for Patto, it’s been one of the most well known Mulloway spots for years - no secrets revealed

adamk

Post by adamk » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:43 pm

nooga27 wrote:
adamk wrote:
Sounds great! That's weird cos I'm in the area on Lorimer street a fair bit and I've never even seen anything decent get caught or lost!

Great image though! I've been told about that first bend at werribee so many times but I assume you can only get there by boat?
then i guess i wave from the other side of the river lmao lol but there was a post ages ago with a guy an 60+ from the other side an odd jew gets hooked from the jetty back to the boats its sand to the markers. but my side all rocks an reefbut corner pocket is gold if there running but not very forgiving to noobs as its snaggy as f.

bilby

Post by bilby » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:46 pm

This year was ridiculously difficult on the mulloway front for me. I was out many nights over autumn and winter with all my usual techniques, but no luck! The year before I was getting at least one or two runs (or fish) every session at times, so I'm not sure how to account for it. There were also very few reports posted on this site, interestingly. I'll be out again soon, though, with high hopes for the next 'season' when it arrives!

adamk

Post by adamk » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:23 pm

bilby wrote:This year was ridiculously difficult on the mulloway front for me. I was out many nights over autumn and winter with all my usual techniques, but no luck! The year before I was getting at least one or two runs (or fish) every session at times, so I'm not sure how to account for it. There were also very few reports posted on this site, interestingly. I'll be out again soon, though, with high hopes for the next 'season' when it arrives!
luck of the draw, alot of people get dirty of spots mentioned, but srssly where all here to fish. me i catch an release so i couldn't give two f's as it tends to be an excuse to get out the house from the nagging filipino wife.

deathray
Has liked: 8 times

Post by deathray » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:24 pm

Nooga from my experience:
-there would be some kayakers out there who have probably racked up triple figures over the preceding months;
-the Yarra spot kindly provided by a fellow forum member is no better or worse than any other land based spot between Hawthorn and the bay;
-Jimi Hendrix is not overrated.

Return to “Mulloway Fishing”