Surf Spinning Clothing?

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Re: Surf Spinning Clothing?

Post by DougieK » Wed May 07, 2014 12:27 am

I quite literally spin in boardshorts and a belt. The belt is to hang a peanut butter plastic jar full of lures off, with a knife and some leader attached to it.

Since winter kicked in sometimes I wear a shirt, much to Carl's disappointment.

On a slightly more serious note, if you dont' like the cold, consider some kind of protective clothing. If I could find a pants only wetsuit I would probably wear that and wetsuit booties, along with a few layers on top to try and keep warm in the winter.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Wed May 07, 2014 5:36 am

DougieK wrote:I quite literally spin in boardshorts and a belt. The belt is to hang a peanut butter plastic jar full of lures off, with a knife and some leader attached to it.

Since winter kicked in sometimes I wear a shirt, much to Carl's disappointment.

On a slightly more serious note, if you dont' like the cold, consider some kind of protective clothing. If I could find a pants only wetsuit I would probably wear that and wetsuit booties, along with a few layers on top to try and keep warm in the winter.
Your getting soft. Bloody shirt indeed...
Summer; long tail hat, sunnies, snood, (bandana), from sfp, t -shirt, boardies, bare foot or rock sandals.
Winter; beanie, sunnies, snood, tshirt and fleece, boardies and rock sandals.
Wear what the hell you like, but remember, walking 4km , (sometimes double that), over sand is an experience you won't want to repeat while wearing waders.
As importantly...DO NOT carry ten tons of shite with you. Your rod and reel, some leader, clippers, couple of lures, couple of spare snap swivels, and most of course, your catch rope. Job done.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Wed May 07, 2014 8:12 am

CarlG wrote: As importantly...DO NOT carry ten tons of shite with you. Your rod and reel, some leader, clippers, couple of lures, couple of spare snap swivels, and most of course, your catch rope. Job done.
No esky, no rod holders, no kitchen sink - just what I will need. I use light back pack with a few metals on it, leaders, hooks, pliers, plastic bags for my catch and bottled water.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Wed May 07, 2014 9:56 am

So in short, the right answer is wear just enough to stay warm and take just enough gear not to have to run back to the car from the other end of gunners if you drop into a school of fish and realise you dont' have any lures.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

AVG_Fisho

Post by AVG_Fisho » Wed May 07, 2014 10:32 am

Thanks everyone.
Average Angling Adventures
With Specialty Fishing Products
http://www.facebook.com/average.angling" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vikodin

Post by vikodin » Wed May 07, 2014 10:47 am

Winter I wear kokatat pants with thick wool socks underneath.
I also use them for my night surf bait fishing and are my winter kayak pants too so serve a few purposes.

Rogue_Hunter

Post by Rogue_Hunter » Wed May 07, 2014 11:29 am

Keep the top half warm of your body warm and dry. Bottom half is going to mostly get wet.

If your still cold, it means your not spinning enough.

Try cycling .. on the road 4am .. only wearing lycra as there is no place to put a jacket after you get hot ... and same rule applies, after 30mins if your still cold, your not pedalling fast enough!

More likely to get sick if wind is hitting your chest\back as apposed to wind hitting your legs.

Longshot

Post by Longshot » Thu May 08, 2014 12:35 pm

These things, Wetsuit outside, Fleecy inside. I use them for my Kayak. $40 delivered and from Australia. Awesome.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/150928175269 ... 1423.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Off Topic Forum”