Photography Thread?

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
rixter

Re: Photography Thread?

Post by rixter » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:16 am

I thought I would add this as well , there's also no other section for it , and this seems an ideal place to drop a picture along with photography?

I like doing a bit of drawing and painting also , not that I'm much good at it !, but I enjoy it.
This is my latest recent attempt at a charcoal drawing of 'Ned Kelly', it took me around 2 hours to draw.
I like messing with paints and airbrushing , oils, pastels , chalk , charcoal, and so on.
As like most charcoal pictures , you need to look at it from a distance a bit to get the depth of the picture, or you see all the line marks, as like with pastels and oils.

Cheers , Rick
Attachments
IMG_2451.JPG
Ned Kelly Charcoal.
Last edited by rixter on Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

AVG_Fisho

Post by AVG_Fisho » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:17 am

rixter wrote:I have a tripod you can have free if your willing to come over to Longwarry to get it (near Warragul, 15 minutes past Pakenham) , I don't use it so it's free if you want it.
It isn't a cheapy cheapy , but it also isn't a top brand either, But it is above the cheap range and a good tripod.

Cool pics also Jim , reminds me I have some photo's I took while bunyip was on fire around 5 years ago. I have pictures from my backyard with black sky and flames all around. I seriously thought my house was going to get burned away that year , it was VERY close ! . I'll have to dig them up and post them.

Cheers , Rick
Thanks for the offer But I'm Gonna Turn Ya Down as i Can't Travel that far, But again thank's for the Offer! :cheers:
Last edited by AVG_Fisho on Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Average Angling Adventures
With Specialty Fishing Products
http://www.facebook.com/average.angling" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AVG_Fisho

Post by AVG_Fisho » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:23 am

I Don't Know About everyone else but i think You're Pretty Good!
I've never been able to Draw, Well i can, Sort of, But i get bored and start drawing stick figures. ;)

All im gonna say Is I'd be proud To be able to draw like that!

Image Image
http://www.facebook.com/average.angling" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rixter

Post by rixter » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:33 am

Thanks mate, I appreciate those nice comments. Although I'm too picky and I'm never fully happy with what I produce, I get bored easily too.
I only do around 1 picture a year then get bored after that again; and off to different things again for a while.

I enjoy it more for the shades / as in photography / catching light angles.

My drawing looks like a 'Muhammad Ned Kelly' version compared to that photo :lol: . Although I did do the portrait of him from a slightly different picture, must off been a bit earlier as his beard was shorter in the pic I drew from, although it looks a lot like the same pose, even the top flick of the hair !.

Cheers mate , Rick.
Last edited by rixter on Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Here Fishy Fishy Image

AVG_Fisho

Post by AVG_Fisho » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:41 am

Good effort.
Only doing 1 or so a year seems like it'd be alot harder to get a nice drawing like that with little practice time.

rixter

Post by rixter » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:47 am

AVG_Fisho wrote:Good effort.
Only doing 1 or so a year seems like it'd be alot harder to get a nice drawing like that with little practice time.
I enjoy doing airbrush work more. I've done a few cars and motorbikes with gfx and flame fx etc. Sort of along the same line with the shading etc. Been drawing since I was a kid, and my missus is an artist ( and her passed mother was an award artist also) . Has sort of run through the family, she taught me a lot , both my missus and her mother / when I was younger.
Not that I was interested much back then , but I enjoy it now days / to an extent , so it payed off learning from them.

Oh , I was also doing tattooing for around 3 years ( about 12 years ago) before I got bored with that also too !. Well bored , but also the missus wasn't very happy with me having to tattoo women in some of the places they wanted their tattoo's either !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Cheers mate , Rick.
Here Fishy Fishy Image

AVG_Fisho

Post by AVG_Fisho » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:53 am

rixter wrote:
AVG_Fisho wrote:Good effort.
I enjoy doing airbrush work more. I've done a few cars and motorbikes with gfx and flame fx etc. Sort of along the same line with the shading etc. Been drawing since I was a kid, and my missus is an artist ( and her passed mother was an award artist also) . Has sort of run through the family, she taught me a lot , both my missus and her mother / when I was younger.
Not that I was interested much back then , but I enjoy it now days / to an extent , so it payed off learning from them.

Oh , I was also doing tattooing for around 3 years ( about 12 years ago) before I got bored with that also too !. Well bored , but also the missus wasn't very happy with me having to tattoo women in some of the places they wanted their tattoo's either !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Cheers mate , Rick.
Graphics on Motorbike Helmets is Airbrushed on Isn't it?
Ever Painted a helmet?

rixter

Post by rixter » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:55 am

Yep , I've done a few actually, a few years back now though.

Did a few for 'The Coffin Cheaters' MC about 20 years ago , and the tanks on their Harleys mainly. Although I haven't been associated with them for years , never was really , was just a job I did through someone I knew back then.

Cheers , Rick.
Here Fishy Fishy Image

AVG_Fisho

Post by AVG_Fisho » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:07 am

Heres why I Took an Hour to reply, Was trying to Dig this up.

My last Long Exposure.
I Forgot That I Wasn't Shooting In raw So editing would be harder Making the Photo Grainy But Here's One of My best So Far, Could Have Been Better But I'm Not complaining.

rixter

Post by rixter » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:10 am

:thumbsup: Nice ! :thumbsup: , some of those seagulls look translucent, like ghosts, great capture/photo !

Cheers , Rick
Here Fishy Fishy Image

Return to “Off Topic Forum”