Well-Being : GREEN RIBBON month

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Bugatti

Re: GREEN RIBBON month

Post by Bugatti » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:33 pm

VooDoo wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:36 pm

A friend of mine works in the actuaries industry asked me a question - tell me the top 2 causes of deaths in Australia. Cancer top the list but was shock to find out mental health is next on the list. Think about it, we worry about the road toll each year and the government do their utmost to reduce it but mental illness blew these road toll figures out of the water.
VooDoo Doode, yes it is quite concerning. Mental health takes three times as many lives as the National Road Toll (2 times for men and 1 time for women, there abouts) but gets very little attention in comparison.

VooDoo wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:36 pm
Thank Bugman for bringing this issue to the front. As we have all witnessed recently, even the strongest of man still succumbed to mental illness - Vale Spud. There's not many footy shows in our magical land but with the help of Utube i manged to watch a few of the episodes with Danny Frawley in it and you would never even think Danny ever had issue with mental health - don't think any of us would know if Danny Frawley has chosen to keep quiet.
To continue the "attention" Mental Health, especially in men, fails to get:

Danny was open about his Mental Health issues, namely Depression and Anxiety (and one other issue) and Danny was also a Public Advocate on these issues to help others with awareness and to help others with their struggles.

But it was not widely known.

So even when a very public and familiar figure like Danny Frawley, who suffers from and is an advocate for Mental Health, Mental Health issues still don't get the much needed attention.

The more of us that talk about it, the more of us would be helped. Think about it, when women go shopping, they don't only talk about shopping , , , , but men, well, we don't like our "blokedum" disturbed :(

Jase, listen to VooDoo, he is the Doode. Very wise. My thoughts are with you Bud, and I wish you strength :tu:

Regards, Bugatti

Return to “Off Topic Forum”