Martial Arts, it can help you too

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Martial Arts, it can help you too

Post by smile0784 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:40 am

Great way to reach personal goals
On a side note

You must be the proudest dad :-D

Sebb
Has liked: 3013 times

Post by Sebb » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:24 am

Bugatti wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:38 pm
With all the ailments affecting some of us, myself included, I thought I'd share what our family does for Physical and Mental Well-being

My family has been involved in Martial Arts for many many years.

It helps physically with Physical Well-being in a low impact way. Unless you are the Dadgatti, then you are the practice punching bag and throw dummy , , , , ice packs have become my best friend.

It also helps with Mental Well-being as the discipline isn't just a Karate type punchy punchy, but promotes thought, mental well-being and it does (as I have seen first hand the benefits) really help in that area.

Two Australian Championship Trips over the years (Gold Coast & Sydney) as well, where the kids and the wife came back victorious with several Gold and Silver medals.

My Son at a young age learning how to kick Dadgatti in the Kanackers :o_0:

Pf.PNG

My Daughter in her element

Ps.PNG

The summer top and the belts they have gone through

Ps1.PNG

Just a small collection of Australian Championship medals achieved, these are my Daughters.

Ps2.PNG

So, when it comes to defending myself , , , , I have kids and I'm not afraid to use them :-D

On a serious note, it is a great way to physical and mental well-being , , , , it could help you too :thumbsup:

Cheers, Bugatti
Thanks for sharing Mr Bug.
Its good thing that kids are busy with something like that, family and friends should 110% support it.

:a_goodjob:
Attachments
rps20190808_155431.jpg
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:46 am

I did Taekwondo when I was a a lot younger, was good fun and amazing for fitness/balance, definitely helped me a lot with basketball and football, wish I never gave it up.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:00 am

I wish I never gave up martial arts as well but other things took priority at the time...
Never know I might start it up again :)

Sebb

Post by Sebb » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:27 am

Lightningx wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:00 am
I wish I never gave up martial arts as well but other things took priority at the time...
I wish I didn't give up a lot of things, but fishing came to my life, the priority changed dramatically.
:rofl: :water: :banana:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:47 am

Lol

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:18 am

Seb85 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:27 am
Lightningx wrote:
I wish I didn't give up a lot of things, but fishing came to my life, the priority changed dramatically.
Not a bad priority at all.
So where are you off fishing next? I had plans to go today but my mate cancelled. Isn’t feeling well. Resting at home and too much on for me for the rest of the week so looks like no fishing for me till sometime next week :(

John Dory

Post by John Dory » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:08 pm

Am a master at NoCanDo.
The old man is 2nd or 3rd Dan black belt in Kyokushin.
I didn’t get into as a kid though, wish i did now. Used to go all the tournaments with him.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:10 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:24 am

Thanks for sharing Mr Bug.
Its good thing that kids are busy with something like that, family and friends should 110% support it.
Thanks Seb

One of the reasons I did share our family's involvement in Martial Arts is that it is a slightly a miss understood sport.

Our friends & family do support it and us , , , , I have wrangled a few in for sausage sizzle duties :-D

But I know of a few people who get picked on for participating or even being focused and dedicated to any Martial Arts Discipline. Sad really because it has so many benefits. It's similar to people not understanding the Fishing Bug , , , , and just being immature and having a go at you , , , , hey, it's our thing, just because it isn't you thing , , , , you should be all sweet with it

So, to anyone involved , , , , kudos to you and well done , , , , and if anyone is going anywhere on a Weekend, or say on a Thursday, good on you , , , , be triumphant and be proud , , , , just don't be too hard on any SA participants , , , , still beat them , , , , but softly :-D

smile0784 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:40 am

Great way to reach personal goals
On a side note

You must be the proudest dad :-D

Smiley, you are smack bang on the money.

I have seen first hand how Martial Arts and the Discipline it instils, help a lot of people , , , , especially where the Mental Health system has let them down.

I am proud of my kids but also of my wife at the time and even now as my ex, they and she have done admirably and have used it as a " bettering themselves' both physically and mentally , , , , as far as any benifits for me , , , , I'm a lost cause :o_0:

Cheers, guys, hope this thread allows others to feel good about themselves in a wider social perspective AND for anyone to know it really has benefits

Cheers, Bugmaster of hardly anything :(

Sebb

Post by Sebb » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:11 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:18 am
Seb85 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:27 am
Lightningx wrote:
Never know I might start it up again
Not a bad priority at all.
So where are you off fishing next? I had plans to go today but my mate cancelled. Isn’t feeling well. Resting at home and too much on for me for the rest of the week so looks like no fishing for me till sometime next week :(
I'm pretty impulsive and make impulse decision often, lol.
Maybe take karate lesson indoor with heater lol
Or indoor archery range, tried few times, pretty fun. Was very close to do serious archery, but then again, there's fishing... :rofl:

Return to “Off Topic Forum”